1. Replication of centriole occurs in ______________
2. The pairing of homologous chromosomes
b) Crossing over
3. Which aspect of mitosis is affected by colchicine in inducing polyploidy?
a) DNA duplication
b) Spindle formation
c) Cell plate formation
d) Chromosome doubling
4. Pairing of homologous chromosomes can be seen during
5. The cell cycle of a germinal cell has
a) two successive mitotic divisions
b) two successive reduction divisions
c) very short prophase in first division
d) one reduction division followed by one mitotic division
6. During cell division, sometimes there will be failure of separation of sister chromatids. This event is
d) Non disjunction
7. In the cell cycle DNA synthesis takes place during
a) G1 phase
b) G2 phase
c) S phase
8. During metaphase mitosis chromosomes
a) undergo coiling
b) Move towards the poles
c) Line up at the equator
d) Break and disintegrate
9. A cell divides every one minute. At this rate of division it can fill a 100 ml of beaker in one hour.
How much time does it take to fill a 50 ml beaker?
a) 30 minutes
b) 60 minutes
c) 59 minutes
d) one minute
10. In how many cells the meiotic division has taken place, if the total number of spermatids
produced are 32?
11. Zygotic meiosis occurs in
12. Daughter cells are formed as a result of meiosis are not similar to that of parent cell because
a) Meiosis is completed in two stages
b) Prophase is longest phase
c) Nucleus size increases in daughter cells
d) Crossing over takes place and chromosome number is halved
13. During meiosis chiasmata are observed at
14. Number of mitotic divisions required to produce 128 cells from a single cell is
15. During which stage of prophase I the crossing over takes place?
16. Synthesis of RNA and proteins take place in ______
a) M phase
b) S phase
c) G1 Phase
d) G2 phase
17. When does synapsis occur during meiosis?
18. Spindle fibers are made up of ___________
19. Chromosomes are separated during?
20. Crossing over occurs between _________
a) Two daughter nuclei
b) Two different bivalents
c) Non sister chromatids of bivalents
d) Sister chromatids of bivalents