1. Which type of climate consists of high humidity throughout the year and even in the dry season with variations in day and night temperatures.
a) Hot wet
b) Hot dry
c) Cool dry
2. Pyramids are the best example of ______
a) Flood Resisting structure
b) Dust storm Resisting structure
c) Insulating structure
d) Earthquake resisting structure
3. Which one of the following is correct descending order (% composition) of permanent gases of Atmosphere?
a) Argon > Carbon dioxide > Neon > Helium
b) Carbon dioxide > Argon > Neon > Helium
c) Carbon dioxide > Argon > Helium > Neon
d) Argon > Carbon dioxide > Helium > Neon
4. Consider the following statement (s) related to the Climatology
A. Climate variability describes short-term changes in climate caused by naturally occurring events like El Niño or volcanic activity.
B. Climate change is a warming or cooling in long-term weather patterns, at different places around the world.
C. Both and B
D. Neither A nor B
5. Which one of the following is correct about Water Vapour?
1. Water vapour in atmosphere increases with altitude.
2. Water vapour decreases from the equator towards the pole.
Select the correct options:
b) 2 only
d) None of the above
6. Which one of the following is correct order of layers in atmosphere?
a) Troposphere, Stratosphere, Mesosphere, Thermosphere, Exosphere
b) Stratosphere, Troposphere, Mesosphere, Thermosphere, Exosphere
c) Stratosphere, Troposphere, Mesosphere, Exosphere, Thermosphere
d) Troposphere, Stratosphere, Mesosphere, Exosphere, Thermospher
7. Burnings sun, fixed seasons and rainfall which is heavy, moderate and with storm are the typical features of _______
a) Cancer zone
b) Capricom zone
c) Torrid zone
d) Tropical zone
8. The tropical climate which consists of heat waves hot winds and low humidity comes under which climatic conditions?
9. Which city of Maharashtra experiences Hot-dry climatic conditions.
10. The data regarding temperature, moisture, timings of sunset and sunrise and direction of wind are collected and preserved by ____________
a) Bureau of Indian Standards, New Delhi
b) Meteorological Department of the Ministry of Commerce, Govt. of India
c) Indian Institute of Weather Forecasting and Research Centre
d) National Institute of Technology
11. From the given climatic conditions which have its worst effects on the building structure in India.
a) Dust storm
c) Heavy rain
d) Hot summer days
12. Which building material have
high Seismic resistance and flexibility of nailed joints.
13. Which is the most important advanced technique of earthquake resistant design and construction?
a) Flexible steel form
b) Reinforced concrete
c) Base Isolation
d) Steel strengthening Treatment