1. The World Bank has its headquarters in _____________.
(C) New York
(d) Washington, DC
2. The bank provides loans only to
members for the purpose of?
(a) To bridge the deflcit in annual budget
(b) To check the balance of payments
(c) Financing specific project
(d) All of the
members the World Bank currently has?
4. Currently how many members are in the IBRD?
5. Which of the following statements is not correct?
(a) Both the IMF & IBRD have headquarters in Washington
(b) ICSID is the constituent organisation of the World Bank Group
(c) IBRD is known as World Bank also
(d) India’s vote share in the International Monetary Fund is 10%
6. Who is the current President of the World Bank Group?
(a) Robert Zoellick
(b) David Malpass
(c) Christine Lagarde
(d) Jim Yong Kim
7. Which of the following statements are correct?
(a) World Bank was established 73 years ago.
(b) Headquarter of World Bank is in Washington D.C.
(c) Adam Smith is the founding father of the World Bank
(d) Only (a) and (b)
8. Who of the following never appointed as the President of the World Bank Group?
(a) Paul Krugman
(b) Robert Zoellick
(c) George Woods
(d) Eugene Meyer
9. Which of the following is not the function of the World Bank?
(a) To provide long term loan to the member countries
(b) To provide loan to private investors belonging to member countries on its own guarantee
(c) To ensure exchange rate stability
(d) To provides loan mainly for productive activities
10. Which of the following institutions is not part of the World Bank community?
Bank was established at the Briton Wood conference in
is the other name of World Bank
(a) International Monetary Fund
(b) Global Bank
(c) UN bank
(d) International Bank for Development
Following is the chief objective of the World Bank.
(a) To assist in the reconstruction by providing capital of productive purpose
(b) To promote private foreign investment by means of guarantees
(c) Participation in loans to supplement private investment
(d) All or them
14.Which of the following statement is correct?
(a) Every member country of the IMF automatically becomes the member of the World Bank
(b) The World Bank has 45 founder members
(c) India is not the founding member of the World Bank
(d) IMF is the part of World Bank group
15. Jose Graziano da Silva is the Director General of the Food and Agriculture Organization for a term from January 2012 to July______.