1. Who among the following also had the name Devanama Piyadasi?
- Mauryan King Ashoka
- Gautam Buddha
- Mauryan King Chandragupta Maurya
- Bhagwan Mahavira
2. Who amongst the following Mauryan rulers did conquer the Deccan?
3. Which one of the following places has no Ashokan edicts?
4. With which of the following centres of learning, Chanakya the famous teacher of Chandragupta Maurya was associated?
5. An Ashokan edict is located in Uttaranchal at
- Dev Prayag
6. Who among the following was appointed by Ashoka to administer justice in the empire
- Kumar Amatya
7. The last Mauryan emperor was
- Avanti Verma
- Nandi Vardhana
8. By which name was Chanakya known in his childhood?
9. Chandragupta Maurya figures prominently in the book of
10. Kautilya’s Arthashastra’ is book on
- economic relations
- principle and practices of statecraft
- foreign policy
- duties of the king
11. Which event brought about a profound change in Ashoka’s administrative policy?
- The Third Buddhist Council
- The Kalinga War
- His embracing of Buddhism
- His sending of missionary to Ceylon
12. The notion of Saptanga that was introduced in ‘Arthashastra’includes
- kings,territory,administration and treasury
- music,dance,ragas and wrestling
- ministres, civil, servants, subalterns and those involved in espionage
- aristocrats, acharyas, traders and monks
13. In which of the following inscriptions the name Ashoka has been mentioned?
- Bhabru Edict
- Rock Edict XIII
- Rummendei Pillar Inscription
- Minor Rock Edict of Maski
14. Kautilya’s ‘Arthashastra’ deals with the aspects of
- Economic life
- Political policies
- Religious Life
- Social Life
15. Megastheneswas an envoy of which of the following kings?
16. Who in ancient India assumed the title amitraghata
- Chandragupta Maurya
17. A Buddhisit council during the reign of Ashoka was held at
18. Chandragupta Maurya defeated
19. The head of a district (Ahara), the principal co-ordinator of the revenue and the officer – in-charge of general and military functions in his jurisdiction during Mauryan Empire was known as
20. In how many adhikaranas is the Kautilya’s ‘Artjasjastra’ divided