Digestion and Absorption MCQs and Answers deals with the significant segments of our food are sugars, proteins, and fats and their Digestion and Absorption. Nutrients and minerals are likewise needed in little amounts. Food gives energy and natural materials to develop and fix tissues. The water we take in assumes a significant part in metabolic cycles and forestalls the parchedness of the body. Our body can’t use bio-macromolecules in food in their unique structure.
Digestion and Absorption NEET pdf Download
1. A large lymph vessel present in the villus of small intestine is called
- Peyer’s patches
- valve of kerkring
2. Which of the following match is correct?
3. Match the following columns
|a-Salivary amylase||1. Proteins|
|b -Bile salts||2. Milk protein|
|e-Steapsin||5. Emulsification of fats|
- 5 4 1 2 3
- 3 5 2 1 4
- 2 3 5 4 1
- 2 3 4 5 1
Answer: 3 5 2 1 4
4. Which one of the following sugar is most rapidly absorbed in the human gut?
5. Select the true statement regarding the digestion and absorption of food in humans.
- Oxyntic cell in human stomach secretes proenzymes, pepsinogen and trypsinogen
- Chylomicrons are small lipoprotein vesicles which are transported from the intestine into blood capillaries
- About 70% of the starch is hydrolysed by salivary amylase
- Fructose and amino acids are absorbed through the intestinal mucosa with the help of carrier ions like Na+
Answer: Chylomicrons are small lipoprotein vesicles which are transported from the intestine into blood capillaries
6. Absorption of fat occours through the process of
- active transport
- passive transport
- simple diffusion
Answer: simple diffusion
7. What is common among amylase, renin and trypsin?
- all are produced in stomach
- all act at a pH lower than 7
- all are proteins
- all are proteolytic enzymes
Answer: all are proteins
8. What name would you suggest for a thoroughly mixed food with gastric juices by the churning movements of muscular stomach wall?
- Either bolus or chime
- None of these
9. Which is the inactive form of enzyme, pepsin?
10. Pepsinogen is converted into active form of enzyme pepsin with the help of which of the following compound?
- Hydrochloric acid
Answer: Hydrochloric acid
Prepare for NEET & AIIMS Click Here