Digestion and Absorption NEET Questions pdf deals with the significant segments of our food are sugars, proteins, and fats and their Digestion and Absorption. Nutrients and minerals are likewise needed in little amounts. Food gives energy and natural materials to develop and fix tissues. The water we take in assumes a significant part in metabolic cycles and forestalls the parchedness of the body. Our body can’t use bio-macromolecules in food in their unique structure.
Digestion and Absorption NEET Questions pdf Download
1. Pancreatic juice is stimulated by the release of
- Both (1) and (2)
Answer: Both (1) and (2)
2. _________ stimulates the production of gastric juice in the stomach
3. Enterokinase helps in the conversion of
- Lactose to Sucrose
- Trypsinogen into trypsin
- Pepsinogen into pepsin
- Proteins into polypeptide
Answer: Trypsinogen into trypsin
4. What is the enzyme that breaks down lactose?
- Lipase enzymes
5. Where do digestion of proteins takes place?
- small intestine
- stomach and small intestine
Answer: stomach and small intestine
6. What is the function of aminopeptidase?
- splits amino acids at amino end of peptide
- splits in 2 amino acids
- splits amino acid at the carboxyl end of peptide
- break peptide bond between amino acid and its neighbor
Answer: splits amino acids at amino end of peptide
7. Where do the digestion of lipids takes place?
- small intestine
- small intestine mouth and stomach
- small intestine and stomach
Answer: small intestine mouth and stomach
8. Which of the following enzymes participate in digestion of proteins?
- all of the above
Answer: all of the above
9. Which of the following statement is true?
- trypsin breaks peptide bond at carboxyl end
- lipases include only pancreatic and lingual lipase
- bile salts are necessary of absorption of lipids
- elastase enzyme is used for digestion of lipid
Answer: bile salts are necessary of absorption of lipids
10. What helps the large molecules of lipids to increase their solubility in watery chyme?
- bile salts
- fatty acids
- hydrophilic region
Answer: bile salts
Prepare for NEET & AIIMS Click Here