Breathing and Exchange of Gases MCQs and Answers focused on cycle of exchange of oxygen from the atmosphere with carbon dioxide delivered by the cells is named as breathing. It is otherwise called respiration.
Breathing and Exchange of Gases MCQs and Answers PDF Download
1. Which is the last step involved in respiration
- Diffusion of gases
- Utilisation of 02, by body cells and resultant release of CO2
- Transport of gases
Answer: utilisation of 02, by body cells and resultant release of CO2
2. The breathing rate of normal healthy man is
- 8-18 times/min
- 6-12 times/min
- 16-24 times/min
- 12-16 times/min
Answer: 12-16 times/min
3. What is the value of tidal volume in a normal healthy man?
- Approximately 8000-12000 ml/min
- 1000-1100 ml/min
- 2500-3000 ml/min
- Approximately 6000-8000 ml/min
Answer: approximately 6000-8000 ml/min
4. What is the value of pCO2 in atmospheric air, alveoli and tissues respectively?
- 0.3 mm Hg,40 mm Hg, 95 mm Hg
- 95 mm Hg,40 mm Hg,159 mm Hg
- 45 mm Hg,0.3 mm Hg,40 mm Hg
- 0.3 mm Hg,40 mm Hg,45 mm Hg
Answer: 0.3 mm Hg,40 mm Hg,45 mm Hg
5. Which part of Hb,O2 molecules bind?
- both A and B
- amino group of globin
6. How much CO2 is delivered to the alveoli by every 100 ml of deoxygenated blood?
- 6 ml
- 4 ml
- 5 ml
- 3 ml
7. A pair of external nostrils present in human opens out
- below the upper lips
- above the upper lips
- between upper and lower lips
- above the rhythm
Answer: above the upper lips
8. Which instrument helps in clinical assessment of pulmonary functions?
9. Diaphragm is dome shaped muscular structure which separates
- coelomic cavity from pelvic cavity
- pleural cavity from thoracic cavity
- thoracic cavity from abdominal cavity
- pelvic cavity from abdominal cavity
Answer: thoracic cavity from abdominal cavity
10 What happens when pressure within the pulmonary cavity is higher than the atmosphere pressure?
- inhalation of air
- expulsion of air
- no inhalation and expulsion of air occurs
- lungs inhale and rupture
Answer: expulsion of air
Prepare for NEET & AIIMS Click Here