Breathing and Exchange of Gases AIIMS Questions and Answers focused on cycle of exchange of oxygen from the atmosphere with carbon dioxide delivered by the cells is named as breathing. It is otherwise called respiration.
Breathing and Exchange of Gases AIIMS Questions and Answers PDF Download
1. Ascent of high mountains may cause altitude sickness in men. Prime cause for this is _______
- Decreased proportion of oxygen in the air
- Decreased partial pressure of oxygen
- Decreased efficiency of hemoglobin
- Excess CO2 in blood
Answer: Decreased partial pressure of oxygen
2. Increased asthmatic attacks in certain seasons are related to ________
- Low temperatures
- Inhalation of seasonal pollens
- Eating fruits preserved in containers
- Hot and humid environment
Answer: Inhalation of seasonal pollens
3. Which of the following is a disorder in which cell division takes place without any control and causes tumor?
- Bronchi cancer
- Bronchioles cancer
- Lung cancer
Answer: Lung cancer
4. Strep throat is a viral infection.
5. Tuberculosis cannot be treated by antibiotics.
6. Respiration is helpful in
- Removing waste from the body
- Producing energy within the body
- Production of proteins
- Production of carbohydrates
Answer: Producing energy within the body
7. The surface, from which the exchange of gas takes place is called
- Plasma surface GA
- Respiratory substrates
- Respiration surface
- Gaseous surface
Answer: Respiration surface
8. Which of the following shows pulmonary respiration
9. What is the upper region of pharynx called?
- None of these
10. The trachea is supported by cartilaginous rings which are…………shaped
Prepare for NEET & AIIMS Click Here