The Satradhikar who took active role in social reform and freedom movement of India was
A. Auniatiya Satradhikar (Pitambar Dev Goswami)
B. Bengenatiya Satradhikar (Banamali Dev Goswami)
C. Kamalabari Satradhikar (Dr. Narayan Dev Goswami)
D. Dakhinpatiya Satradhikar (Ramakanta Dev Goswami)
Answer: Auniatiya Satradhikar (Pitambar Dev Goswami)
More Assam Quiz
1. Who is the writer of the novel ‘Halodhiya Soraye Baudhan Khai’?
2. In which year, Bhupen Hazarika was elected the President of the Asam Sahitya Sabha?
3. Which one is the first film directed by Bhupen Hazarika?
4. During whose regin, chinese traveler Hsuan-tsang visited Assam?
5. From which year, the Asom Divas or the Sukaphaa Divas is celebrated on 2nd December?
6. Who was the creator of the imaginary character named ‘Kripabor Borua’?
7. Who was the second President of Assam Sahitya Sabha?
8. In which year, Lakshminath Bezbaroa presided over the Assam Sahitya Sabha session
9. In which year ‘O Mur Apunar Desh’ was officially adopted as the Assam’s state song
10. Which one is the epicenter of the Assam silk industry?
11. Under whose guidance the Vrindavani vastra was woven by Assamese weavers
12. The Namdang Stone Bridge was constructed during the reign of Ahom king
13. Which Ahom king had the shortest reign of 21 days only
14. The Itakhulir Rann was fought against Mughal during the reign of
15. The Soti Joymoti Divas is observed on
16. From which constituency, Bishnu Prasad Rabha was elected as M.L.A in 1969?
17. Which one is first Assamese colour film?
18. Who is the first Assamese recipient of Sahitya Akademi Award?
19. Which one is the first Assamese novel to win the Sahitya Akademi Award?
20. Who is the writter of the poetry book “Bon Phul”?
21. Who is the writter of the novel “Mamare Dhara Tarowal Aru Dukhan Upanyasa”?
22. Who was the greatest king of the Pala Dynasty of Kamarupa?
23. Name the Mughal General who took possession of the Ahom Capital Gahrgaon in 1662
24. Who was the central figure of the Revolt of 1857 in Assam?
25. What was the capital of the Province ‘Eastern Bengal and Assam’?
26. The Treaty of Badarpur was signed between David Scott and Govinda Chandra on March
27. Cachar was placed under the Commissionerate of Dacca in
28. How many kings do you have during the Ahom Period?
29. The second Burmese invasion took place in
30. Maniram Dewan and Piyali Barua were hanged on
31. In the Quit India Movement of 1942, Kanak Lata and Mukunda Kakati were shot dead by the British Police at
32. After the demise of the 1st Chief Minister of Assam, Gopinath Bordoloi in 1950, the second Chief Minister was
33. Sadulla’s Coalition Ministry took place on
34. Who is the founder of the South-East Asia Ramayana Research Center?
35. Durjaya (present-day North Guwahati) was the capital of
36. The Hayagriva Madhava Temple of Hajo is located in which hill
37. Which one was the last capital of the Ahom Kingdom?
38. Which one city is also known as “Tea City of India”?
39. The film ‘Adajya’ by Santana Bordoloi won the National Award in the year 1997. The film was based in the novel
40. The Satradhikar who took active role in social reform and freedom movement of India was
41. 1836 CE was crucial in case of Assamese Language and literature because
42. Saraighat Battle was fought and won by the Ahoms in 1669-70. After ten years of it, Gauhati(Guwahati) was
43. Year 1894 is related to
44. With Moni Ram Dewan, was hanged
45. Name of the first Ahom King was
46. The European merchant who had extensive salt trade in the Ahom kingdom was
47. Hiuen Tsang described in his account that the circumference of Kamrupa was about
48. Who was the British Officer who was beaten to death during the uprising in Assam?
49. What was the usual shape of Koch coins?
50. Which Sutiya king built Sadiya?
51. Rang-Ghar was built during the reign of Swargadeo ______
52. The advisory board of Ahom king constituted with how many ministers?
53. How the name Guwahati has been derived?
54. The Posa system referred to
55. The name of the Kamrupa ruler who left his seal at Nalanda:
56. Which Ahom king introduced the Posa system?
57. The Tamralipi in ancient times was famous as
58. Bhaskar-varman attended the great religious council at
59. Who was the earliest king of Pragjyotisha?
60. When was the Matak territory annexed to the British dominion?
61. The large tank in Tezpur known as Hajara Pukhuri excavated by
62. The ambassador name sent by Bhaskarvarman to Harshabardhan was
63. The contemporary of Bhaskarvarman in northern Indian was
64. Hiuen Tsang described which Kamrupa king as the “Aristrocatic King of Eastern India”?
65. What was the first Assamese daily newspaper?
66. According to Ahom legends khun-lung and Khun-lai were the grandson of
67. The first capital of the Ahom was
68. The Koch coins were known as
69. The ancient name of Cachar was
70. The Sinagiri Ghar celebration was first held by
71. Who wrote ‘Tungkhugia Buranji’?
72. When did Ahoms entered in the Brahmaputra Valley?
73. In which place the first battle fought by the Ahoms against the Mughals?
74. Who was the first Assamese to fight against British?
75. Sadiyakhowa Gohain post was created during the reign of which Ahom King?
76. Rani Gaidula, a famous character of Indian Movement belonged to which tribe?
77. Mula Gabharu died fighting against
78. Darrang Desh governed by
79. Provincial Self-Autonomy was introduced to Assam from
80. ‘Dasya-bhab’ adopted by
81. The Ahoms entered Assam through
82. The Marangikhowa Gohain was the governor of
83. The Ahom first used the saka era during the reign of
84. The first Ahom Barbarua was
85. One of the disciples of Sankardeva was
86. Name of the Ahom king who married the koch princess Mongaldoi
87. Name the Foreigner who recorded in his accounts that he came to Kamo-lu-po
88. Darrangraj Vansavali is by
89. King Biswa Singha’s father was
90. Who was the progenitor of the koches?
91. Raghudeva was the son of
92. In which year the battle of Saraighat was fought?
93. During the Kamrupa king Bhaskarvarman’s period, the officer who was in charge of royal treasury was known as:
94. The battle of Saraighat was fought between
95. What was the name of the grandmother of Sankardeva?
96. Which Mughal general invaded Ahom kingdom and occupied Gargaon?
97. In 1563, the Treaty of Majuli was settled between the Koch king Nara Narayan and Ahom King. Who was the Ahom King?
98. Which Pala king built Sri-Durjaya as the capital on the bank of Brahmaputra?
99. The two kanai Barasi Rock inscription near Manikarneswar Hill was in
100. Badan Barphukan was the governor of
101. From whose reign was Sanskrit language used on Ahom coins?
102. Haria Mandal, the father of first Koch king Biswa Singha originate from which village of Goalpara district?
103. Which Ahom Swargadeo built the temple of Umananda?
104. Which of the following was famous for astrology?
105. In 1585 Koch kingdom was visited by an English traveler. What was his name?
106. In the battle of Saraighat (1671) between Ahoms and Mughals, the Ahom Army was commanded by Lachit Barphukan. Who was the commander of Mughals?
107. Famous Kamrupi poet Hema Saraswati was a court poet of Kamatapur’s King
108. In January 1663, Treaty of Ghilajharighat was signed by Ahoms with the Mughal commander:
109. The Pasupatinath temple inscription in Nepal refers to “Gaudradi Kalingkashala Patti”. Who was he?
110. According to Ramayana, Amurtaraja was the founder of the kingdom of
111. The well-known Kamrupi poet of sixteenth century Chandraharati lived at:
112. During Bhaskarvarman’s reign the major industry in Kamrupa was
112. Who first introduced the cremation of the dead among the Ahoms?
114. “Thapita-sanchita” the term used by Ahoms to the
115. Bara Larawa is a title conferred upon great fighter. Ismail Ghazi conferred it on whom?
116. Sadhani was the last queen of:
117. Which Ahom King built the Dhodar Ali?
118. Which dynasty made their capital at Maibong?
119. Siva Singha declared his chief queen as ‘Bar Raja’. Who was she?
120. From which of the following places the Ahom came?
121. In ancient times the big merchants of Assam were generally from the community
122. Dimapur was the capital of the
123. What was the usual shape of the kachari coin?
124. The Chutia kingdom was annexed by the Ahoms during the reign of
125. The last capital of Kachari kings was at
126. Which Assamese writer is also known as ‘Bakulbonor Kavi’?
127. Who had wrtten the book named ‘Prahlada charitra’?
128. Which Assamese poet had translated Valmiki Ramayana into Assamese verse ‘Saptakanda Ramayana’?
129. The Assam silk industry is mainly centered in
130. Sankaradeva had established the first Naamghar at
131. The first Moamaria uprising started in the reign of
132. By what name are the burial mounds of Ahom royalty known?
133. Two Ahom kings were known as Burah Raja. One was Pratap Singha among the two and the other was?
134. Who married Kuranganayani?
135. Which of the following Ahom kings planned an invasion of Bengal?
136. In which year did the Burmese first invade Assam?
137. In which year the treaty of Yandaboo was signed?
138. Which king conducted the first organised population census in Assam?
139. Who was Bisa Nong?
140. Ahom marriage is known as
141. The title used to address an Ahom king:
142. Which of the following was known as Bhaganiya Roja?
143. Which of the following introduced the Buranji written in Assam?
144. Temple of Jayasagar was built by
145. Who built the stone bridge over the river Namdang?
146. Who is/were the prominent leader/leaders of Dandua Droh?
147. Which one is not a administrative districts of Barak Valley in Assam?
148. Which one is the only left tributary of Barak river
149. The Assam Agricultural University, Jorhat was established in the year
150. The first Sugar Mill in Assam was establised in
151. Assam’s only chemical fertiliser plant is located in
152. Which Ahom queen built the Sivadol in Sivasagar?
153. Who was the first American missionary to compile a dictionary of the Assamese language
154. The “Me-Dam-Me-Phi” festival is celebrated by
155. Hadira Chokey is well known because
156. Name of the last Chutia king:
157. Three shaped coins are used in Ahom kingdom. Two of these are round and square. What was the other shape?
158. During the reign of which of the following king the temple of Navagraha was built?
159. The name of the king who shifted the Ahom capital from Gargaon to Rangpur was
160. In which year Jorhat was founded?
161. In Mahabharata the title “Lord of the Mlechcha” was given to
162. Where is the capital of the Pala king Ratnapala located
163. The capital of the Salastambha dynasty located at:
164. The first Assamese monthly issued by the Baptist missionary was
165. Which city called “City of Eastern Astrology”?
166. In ancient Kamrup, “Brahmadeya” land was gifted to
167. “Kumara Raja” title was given to
168. Which of the following supervised when King Naranarayan reconstructing the temple of Kamakhya?
169. The first known king to the Varmana dynansty was
170. During which Ahom ruler was the first emissary the Tripua sent?
171. Which king performed “Ashwamedha” sacrifice in Kamrupa for the first time?
172. Sonitpur was the capital of
173. One of the animals was widely used in wars in ancient Assam. It was
174. Who was the first Vice-Chancellor of the Guwahati University?
175. The tantric text ‘Yogini Tantra’ is dedicated to the worship of two goddesses. One is Kali and the other is
176. Sarbananda Singha was the king of
177. Banasura the king of Sonitpur was a great devotee of god:
178. On the accounts of Hiuen Tsang it is mentioned that a famous port in the Bay of Bengal was under the control of Bhaskarvarma. Which was it?
179. What was the reason behind the issue of Nidhanpur Grant by Bhaskarvarman?
180. The ruins of the brick temple at Da-Parbatiya belong to
181. The first Khasi chief to declare war against the British was:
182. Who was the first king of Pala dynasty?
183. Which Kamrupa king made friendship with Harshavardhan?
184. Which famous temple is built during the reign of Salastambha dynasty?
185. Which king honoured Bhaskar-Varman at a conference held at Kanouj?
186. The ruins of the Da-parbatiya temple is dedicated to which god/goddes?
187. The rule of Varman dynasty came to end with the death of:
188. Who was Malati Mem alias Mungri?
189. What was the name of the Koch king who rebuilt the Kamakhya temple?
190. In which location, the Manas River joins the Brahmaputra river?
191. Brahmaputra is the _________ th longest river in the world
192. Total number of districts that are on the bank of Brahmaputra river is
193. Which one is the last major tributary river of Brahmaputra in Assam before it entering Bangladesh?
194. The first Assamese-language magazine Orunodoi was published from
195. The “Assam Medical College” was established in the year
196. In which year, the first Assamese novel Miri Jiyori was published
197. The first Mohammedan invasion of Kamrupa took place during the reign of king:
198. Muhammad-Bin-Bakhtiyar Khilji attack Kamrupa on his way to
199. What was the common language used in Kamrupa inscriptions?
200. Who was the first king of the Koch dynasty?
201. Which of the following animals was used as the royal symbol of the ancient king of Kamrupa?
202. In the Sanskrit inscription the name of Naranarayan is mentioned as
203. The capital of Koch kingdom was at
204. Which king of Varman dynasty was contemporary with Samudragupta of Gupta dynasty?
205. In 1897, who translated the bargaon copper-plate of Ratnapala?
206. Which Ahom king created the post of the Bar-Phukan for the first time?
207. The gift Yuan Chwang accepted from Bhaskarvarman was designed to protect one from and cold. What was it?
208. Which Ahom Swargadeo created the post of the Barpatra Gohain?
209. In Si-yu-ki by Yuan Chawang described that the circumference of Kamrupa was about
210. The persian chronicle Fathiya-i-Ibriya was compiled by
211. In which year King Naranarayan died?
212. The 350 miles long old Gohain Kamal Ali connects Koch Behar with
213. Ratnamala compiled by Purusottama Vidyavagish is a work on:
214. In which year was the treaty of Ghilajhari Ghat signed?
215. Who was called the first tea planter of Assam?