In which year King Naranarayan died?
Explanation: In 1587, King Naranarayan died. Naranarayan was the last ruler of the undivided Koch dynasty of the Kamata Kingdom. He succeeded his father, Biswa Singha. Under him, the Koch kingdom reached its cultural and political zenith. Under his rule, and under the military command of his brother Chilarai, he was able to subjugate the entire Brahmaputra valley, including the Ahom kingdom; besides the Kachari, Tripura, and Manipur kingdoms, as well as the Khyrem, Jaintia and others. This influence was halted when he faced Suleman Karranni of Bengal.
More Assam Quiz
1. Who is the writer of the novel ‘Halodhiya Soraye Baudhan Khai’?
2. In which year, Bhupen Hazarika was elected the President of the Asam Sahitya Sabha?
3. Which one is the first film directed by Bhupen Hazarika?
4. During whose regin, chinese traveler Hsuan-tsang visited Assam?
5. From which year, the Asom Divas or the Sukaphaa Divas is celebrated on 2nd December?
6. Who was the creator of the imaginary character named ‘Kripabor Borua’?
7. Who was the second President of Assam Sahitya Sabha?
8. In which year, Lakshminath Bezbaroa presided over the Assam Sahitya Sabha session
9. In which year ‘O Mur Apunar Desh’ was officially adopted as the Assam’s state song
10. Which one is the epicenter of the Assam silk industry?