Dogs were buried in human burials at
Explanation: Burzahom was the first Neolithic site to be discovered in Kashmir. After the excavation, many burials of this phase were discovered, usually under house floors or in the compounds. Apart from human burials, animals were sometimes buried along with humans or in separate graves.
More MCQs on Stone, Bronze and Iron Age
1. The credit of the discovery of the first Palaeolith in India which opened the field of prehistoric studies in the country goes to
2. From which of the following regions, the remains of Palaeolithic, Mesolithic and Neolithic cultures have been found in a sequence?
3. In which Indian state, Inamgaon is located?
4. A Homo erectus skull was found at one of the following sites
5. The earliest evidence of agriculture in Indian subcontinent has been obtained from
6. Robert Bruce Foote, who discovered first Palaeolithic tool in India, was originally a
7. Which one of the following sites is famous for prehistoric paintings?
8. Dogs were buried in human burials at
9. Ash mounds are related to the Neolithic culture of
10. An upper Palaeolithic Mother Goddess made of bone has been obtained from
11. Who among the following cultures were the first to paint their pottery?
12. Which one of the following sites has yielded the cultural remains from Neolithic to Harappan period?
13. Earliest evidence of rice cultivation in the Ganga valley has been found at
14. Which rock – shelter in India bears largest number of paintings?
15. The earliest inscription on stone was in which language?
16. The three age system – Stone, Bronze and Iron from the collection of Copengagen museum was coined by