The MCQs on Oil India Limited with FREE PDF have been designed to help you pass your exams with flying colors. This handy reference guide, “mcqs on oil india limited”, provides quick answers to important questions related to the oil and gas industry in India. These GK Questions on Oil India Limited covers every major topic of petroleum engineering in detail, making it the ultimate authority on the subject. These Oil India Quizzes are based on Details of Oil India Limited and Current Affairs.
MCQs on Oil India Limited
1. Oil India Limited is the ______ largest government owned hydrocarbon exploration and production corporation.
2. Oil India Limited is works under which Ministry?
A. Ministry of Home Affairs
B. Ministry of Finance
C. Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas
D. Ministry of Science & Technology
Answer: Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas
3. The Operational headquarters of Oil India Limited is located in
4. Oil India Limited was formed by
5. Oil India was founded on
A. 18 February 1939
B. 18 February 1949
C. 18 February 1959
D. 18 February 1969
Answer: 18 February 1959
6. Where was oil discovered for the first time in India?
7. Bharat Oman Refineries Ltd a joint venture of Bharat Petroleum and Oman Oil operates a refinery at
8. At which place in Tamil Nadu is a refinery located?
9. ONGC operates a refinery in Tatipaka which is located in –
D. Andhra Pradesh
Answer: Andhra Pradesh
10. Which of the following is a subsidiary of ONGC?
A. Bongaigaon Refineries and Petrochemicals Ltd
B. Mangalore Refineries and Petrochemicals Ltd
C. Chennai Petroleum Corporation Limited
D. Kochi Refineries Ltd
Answer: Mangalore Refineries and Petrochemicals Ltd
11. The world’s largest oil refinery operated by Reliance Petroleum is located at –
12. At which of the following places is the largest oil refinery in the public sector located?
13. In which district of Rajasthan is the Aishwarya Oil Field located?
14. Which company operates the oil fields in Mangala area in Rajasthan?
A. Cairn India
B. Essar Oil
C. Reliance Petroleum
Answer: Cairn India
15. Taj Mahal is affected by pollution caused by which of the following refineries?
16. The refinery at Bhatinda is named after –
A. Guru Gobind Singh
B. Bhagat Singh
C. Guru Nanak
D. Ranjit Singh
Answer: Guru Gobind Singh
17. Which company owns the most number of oil refineries in India?
18. Mumbai high oil field is run by which company?
A. Essar India
19. Where is the Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology located?
B. Rae Bareily
20. Which oil company has its headquarters in Duliajan, Assam?
B. Oil India
Answer: Oil India
21. Which oil company is not in the Maharatna list of PSEs?
22. At which of the following places is the world’s largest oil refinery proposed to be set up by IOCL, HPCL and BPCL?
Download PDF( MCQs on Oil India Limited )
FAQs on Oil India Limited
Is Oil India a Government job?
Answer: Oil India Limited (OIL) is a Government of India Enterprise public sector company offers a career opportunity of Executives, Officers, Medical and Trade Apprenticeship posts.
Is Oil India Limited a Government company?
Answer: A Navratna Company, OIL is a state-owned enterprise of the Government of India, under the administrative control of the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas and is the second largest national oil and gas company in India.
Is Oil India Limited a Maharatna company?
Answer: No, There are a total of 10 Maharatna Companies in India. These include NTPC, ONGC, SAIL, BHEL, IOCL, HPCL, CIL, GAIL, BPCL and Power Grid Corporation of India.