GK Questions on Plants and Animals with FREE PDF is an online collection of General Knowledge questions and answers (GK), with a particular focus on questions based on plants and animals. GK Questions on Plants and Animals will help you in your preparations for Government Job Exams. All questions are based on National Curriculum. Book includes some questions on specimen of plants and animals of different part of the world.
GK Questions on Plants and Animals
1. Which one of the following is a vascular cryptogam?
2. Which one of the following is considered important in the development of seed habit?
(A) Dependent sporophyte
(C) Haplontic life cycle
(A) Free-living gametophyte
3. Gymnosperms are also called soft wood spermatophytes because they lack
(B) phloem fibres
(C) thick-walled tracheids
(A) xylem fibres
Answer: xylem fibres
4. Compared with the gametophytes of the bryophytes, the gametophytes of vascular plants tends to be
(A) larger but to have smaller sex organs
(B) larger and to have large sex organs
(C) smaller and to have smaller sex organs
(A) smaller but to have larger sex organs
Answer: smaller and to have smaller sex organs
5. The gametophyte is not an independent, free living generation in
6. Archegoniophore is present in
7. A prokaryotic autotrophic nitrogen fixing symbiont is found in
8. Male and female gametophytes are independent and free-living in
9. Which one of the following has haplontic life cycle?
10. Phylogenetic system of classification is based on
(A) evolutionary relationships
(B) morphological features
(C) chemical constituents
(A) floral characters
Answer: evolutionary relationships
11. Metagenesis refers to
(A) the presence of different morphic forms
(B) alternation of generation between asexual and sexual phases of an organism
(C) occurance of a drastic change in form during post embryonic development
(D) the presence of a segmented body and parthenogenetic mode of reproduction
Answer: alternation of generation between asexual and sexual phases of an organism
12. Body having meshwork of cells, internal cavities lined with food filtering flagellated cells and indirect development are the characteristics of phylum
13. Which of the following animals is not viviparous?
(A) Flying fox (bat)
14. Which of the following animals does not undergo metamorphosis?
15. Identify the vertebrate group of animals characterized by crop and gizzard in its digestive system.
16. Which one of these animals is not a homeotherm?
17. Which of the following is National Aquatic Animal of India?
(A) River dolphin
(B) Blue whale
(D) Gangetic shark
Answer: River dolphin
18. Which of the following characteristics is mainly responsible for diversification of insects on land
(B) Bilateral symmetry
Download PDF (GK Questions on Plants and Animals)
More Standard Questions on Plants
|Plant Kingdom Questions and Answers NCERT|
|Plant Kingdom Questions and Answers for NEET 2021-22|
|Plant Kingdom Question Bank for NEET 2021-22|
|Plant Kingdom Question Answers for NEET 2021-22|