Livestock is the domesticated animals raised in an agricultural setting. In most cases animals are raised on grasslands or rangelands, which are called pastures. Thus there is a direct connection between livestock and plants. Animals that have evolved under these conditions usually develop a genetic makeup that causes the animal to grow quickly. Not only do they grow quickly, but their digestive systems can handle a lot of roughage or fiber. These Livestock Questions And Answers with FREE PDF will help you in various competitive exam.
Livestock Questions And Answers
1. How do dairy producers improve the inherited ability of cattle to produce greater amounts of milk?
a) through culling
b) through tasting
c) through nutrition
d) through selection
Answer: through selection
2. What is the average length of standing heat?
a) 10 hours
b) 4 hours
c) 18 hours
d) 20 hours
Answer: 18 hours
3. What is the name of the milk sugar found only in milk?
4. What is the sire rating for milk of a sire with a predicted difference of above 2000?
a) super less
b) super extra
Answer: super extra
5. What is the name of one of the 4 compartments of a ruminant’s stomach?
6. At what age can a heifer be bred?
a) 1 year
b) 2 year
c) 13- 15 months
d) 3-4 months
Answer: 13- 15 months
7. What is the name of cheese with holes?
8. What is a measure of the average additional pounds of milk and fat the bull will transmit to his daughters called?
a) Predicted difference
d) Milking capacity
Answer: Predicted difference
9. How much does a bushel of shelled corn weigh?
a) 20 pounds
b) 30 pounds
c) 40 pounds
d) 50 pounds
Answer: 50 pounds
10. When should one start recording a heifers heat periods?
a) 2-3 months before she should be bred
b) 3-4 months before she should be bred
c) 4-5 months before she should be bred
d) 1-2 months before she should be bred
Answer: 2-3 months before she should be bred
11. Which of the following is not a variety of cheese?
12. What are the physical characteristics of a quality fore udder in a dairy cow?
a) Strongly and smoothly attached, moderate length and uniform width from front to rear
Answer: Strongly and smoothly attached, moderate length and uniform width from front to rear
13. What does PDCA stand for?
a) pure dairy culling association
b) Pure dairy cattle area
c) Purebred dairy cattle association
d) Plant dairy cattle area
Answer: Purebred dairy cattle association
14. What is a sign which tells that calving is near?
I. udder begin to swell
II. vulva becomes swollen and discharges present
III. area around tail head appears sunken
IV. heifer will lie down and strain
a) I and II
b) II and III
c) I only
d) I, II, III and IV
Answer: I, II, III and IV
15. If a cow is observed in heat in the morning, when should she be bred?
a) next morning
b) the afternoon the same day
c) the night the same day
d) the next afternoon
Answer: the afternoon the same day
|100+ Multiple Choice Questions On Animal Husbandry PDF|
|100+ Milk Questions And Answers with FREE PDF|
|100+ MCQs on Animal Husbandry and Dairy Farm Management|
|100+ Breeding Questions with FREE PDF|
|100+ Dog Breeding Questions with FREE PDF|
Download PDF (Livestock Questions And Answers)