What are the best questions to ask to test if someone knows Nobel Prize GK? How do you find out if the person knows the correct answers to Nobel Prize GK Questions? That’s easy. You just need to first learn these Nobel Prize GK Questions that every aspirant must prepare. Then, all you need is ask these questions and grade the test taker based on his/her answer. Nobel Prize is one of the most prestigious award every year since 1901. In the field of biology, Peace, Physics, Chemistry, Literature, and Economics category. It was Only those who have been selected for Nobel Prize those who are called as Nobel Laureates. The biggest prize given all round the world.
Nobel Prize GK Questions
1. The Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine 2021 was awarded to
A. David Julius and Ardem Patapoutian
B. William G. Kaelin Jr, Sir Peter J. Ratcliffe and Gregg L. Semenza
C. Harvey J. Alter, Michael Houghton and Charles M. Rice
D. James P. Allison, Tasuku Honjo
Answer: David Julius and Ardem Patapoutian
2. In which year the first Nobel Prize was awarded?
3. Which of the below-mentioned families won the most Nobel Prizes?
A. The Einsteins
B. The Curies
C. The Braggs
D. None of the above
Answer: The Curies
4. Which of the following prize categories were not listed in Alfred Nobel’s will?
B. Economic Sciences
D. Physiology or Medicine
Answer: Economic Sciences
5. Why is the Nobel Prize Award Ceremony held on December 10 each year?
A. Alfred Nobel discovered dynamite on this day.
B. Alfred Nobel was born on this day.
C. Alfred Nobel passed away on this day.
D. Alfred Nobel received his patent for the discovery of dynamite.
Answer: Alfred Nobel passed away on this day
6. The Nobel Prize in Physics 2021 was presented to:
A. Roger Penrose, Reinhard Genzel and Andrea Ghez
B. James Peebles, Michel Mayor and Didier Queloz
C. Gerard Mourou, Arthur Ashkin, Donna Strickland
D. Syukuro Manabe, Klaus Hasselmann and Giorgio Parisi
Answer: Syukuro Manabe, Klaus Hasselmann and Giorgio Parisi
7. Who amidst the following won the Nobel Prize in Science in two different disciplines?
A. David Lee
B. Madam Curie
C. Russel Hulse
D. Enrico Fermi
Answer: Madam Curie
8. Who amongst the following was awarded Nobel Prize for developing the technology used in integrated circuits used in PCs?
A. Robert F. Furchgott
B. Horst L. Stormer
C. Jack Kilby
D. Lev Landau
Answer: Jack Kilby
9. Who among the following Nobel laureates facilitated the development of MRI as an important diagnostic tool?
A. Sydney Brenner
B. Paul C. Lauterbur
C. John E. Sulton
D. H. Robert Horvitz
Answer: Paul C. Lauterbur
10. Who was the first nobel prize winner from India ?
A. Sir C. V. Raman
B. Mother Teresa
C. S. Chandrashekar
D. Rabindranath Tagore
Answer: Rabindranath Tagore
11. In which of the following fields Nobel Prize is not given?
12. Biologist of Indian origin who received the Nobel Prize was
A. C.V. Raman
B. Raja Ramanna
C. Hargovind Khorana
D. Jagadish Chandra Bose
Answer: Hargovind Khorana
13. Nobel Prize winning India, Amartya Sen, is known for his work in which area?
D. Environmental Protection
14. Which India-born scientist was awarded the Nobel Prize in Astrophysics?
A. Sir. C.V. Raman
B. Satyendra Nath Bose
C. Vikram Sarabhai
D. Prof. Chandrashekhar
Answer: Prof. Chandrashekhar
15. Nobel Prize in which field is not paid out of the endowment set up by Dr. Alfred Nobel?
16. The Nobel Prize was instituted by the country
17. The Indian representing an international organization who shared the Nobel Peace Prize with Al Gore of U.S. was
A. R.N. Tagore
B. Rajendra Pachauri
C. Mother Teresa
D. Viswanathan Subramanian
Answer: Rajendra Pachauri
18. In which year did Amartya Kumar Sen receive the Nobel Prize in Economics?
19. Among the following Nobel laureates, who was not a recipient of the Nobel Prize for Peace?
A. Norman Eanest Borlaug
B. Linus C. Pauling
C. Woodrow Wilson
D. Sir Winston Churchill
Answer: Sir Winston Churchill
20. Sir C.V. Raman was awarded Nobel Prize for his work on:
C. Light Scattering
D. Radio activity
Answer: Light Scattering
21. Mother Theresa Won Nobel Prize in year _______.
22. Rabindranath Tagore was awarded by Nobel Prize for Literature in Year?
23. Alfred Nobel has invented _________.
A. Atom Bomb
C. Nuclear Wapone
D. Satellite Launching Machine
24. When was the first Nobel Prize awarded?
A. In Year 1901
B. In Year 1905
C. In Year 1909
D. In Year 1911
Answer: In Year 1901
25. Which of the following lady won Nobel Prize in two fields Physics as well as Chemistry?
A. Marie Curie
B. Herta Müller
C. Maria Goeppert Mayer
D. Elizabeth H. Blackburn
Answer: Marie Curie
Download PDF (Nobel Prize GK Questions)