We have the best collection of B+ Tree MCQs and answer with FREE PDF. These B+ Tree MCQs will help you to prepare for any competitive exams like: BCA, MCA, GATE, GRE, IES, PSC, UGC NET, DOEACC Exams at all levels – you just have to practice regularly.
B+ Tree MCQs
1. Which of the following is false?
a) A B+ -tree grows downwards
b) A B+ -tree is balanced
c) In a B+ -tree, the sibling pointers allow sequential searching
d) B+ -tree is shallower than B-tree
Answer: A B+ -tree grows downwards
2. Statement 1: When a node is split during insertion, the middle key is promoted to the parent as well as retained in right half-node.
Statement 2: When a key is deleted from the leaf, it is also deleted from the non-leaf nodes of the tree.
a) Statement 1 is true but statement 2 is false
b) Statement 2 is true but statement 1 is false
c) Both the statements are true
d) Both the statements are false
Answer: Statement 1 is true but statement 2 is false
3. In a B+ tree, both the internal nodes and the leaves have keys.
4. Which of the following is true?
a) B + tree allows only the rapid random access
b) B + tree allows only the rapid sequential access
c) B + tree allows rapid random access as well as rapid sequential access
d) B + tree allows rapid random access and slower sequential access
Answer: B + tree allows rapid random access as well as rapid sequential access
5. A B+ tree can contain a maximum of 7 pointers in a node. What is the minimum number of keys in leaves?
6. Efficiency of finding the next record in B+ tree is ____
b) O(log n)
c) O(nlog n)
7. What is the maximum number of keys that a B+ -tree of order 3 and of height 3 have?
8. Which of the following is false?
a) Compared to B-tree, B+ -tree has larger fanout
b) Deletion in B-tree is more complicated than in B+ -tree
c) B+ -tree has greater depth than corresponding B-tree
d) Both B-tree and B+ -tree have same search and insertion efficiencies
Answer: B+ -tree has greater depth than corresponding B-tree
9. Which one of the following data structures are preferred in database-system implementation?
a) AVL tree
c) B+ -tree
d) Splay tree
Answer: B+ -tree