We have the best collection of Balanced Binary Tree MCQs and answer with FREE PDF. These Balanced Binary Tree MCQs will help you to prepare for any competitive exams like: BCA, MCA, GATE, GRE, IES, PSC, UGC NET, DOEACC Exams at all levels – you just have to practice regularly.
Balanced Binary Tree MCQs
1. Balanced binary tree with n items allows the lookup of an item in ____ worst-case time.
a) O(log n)
b) O(nlog 2)
Answer: O(log n)
2. A binary tree is balanced if the difference between left and right subtree of every node is not more than ____
3. What will be the height of a balanced full binary tree with 8 leaves?
4. The balance factor of a node in a binary tree is defined as
a) addition of heights of left and right subtrees
b) height of right subtree minus height of left subtree
c) height of left subtree minus height of right subtree
d) height of right subtree minus one
Answer: height of left subtree minus height of right subtree
5. Which of the following tree data structures is not a balanced binary tree?
a) AVL tree
b) Red-black tree
c) Splay tree
6. Which of the following data structures can be efficiently implemented using height balanced binary search tree?
b) priority queue
d) both sets and priority queue
Answer: both sets and priority queue
7. Two balanced binary trees are given with m and n elements respectively. They can be merged into a balanced binary search tree in ____ time.
d) O(mlog n)
8. Which of the following is an advantage of balanced binary search tree, like AVL tree, compared to binary heap?
a) insertion takes less time
b) deletion takes less time
c) searching takes less time
d) construction of the tree takes less time than binary heap
Answer: insertion takes less time