We have the best collection of Discovery of Sub-atomic Particles MCQs and answer with FREE PDF. These Discovery of Sub-atomic Particles MCQs will help you to prepare for any competitive exams like: NEET, AIIMS, JEE Mains, JEE Advance, IIT JEE, JIPMER and other Exams at all levels – you just have to practice regularly.
Discovery of Sub-Atomic Particles MCQs
1. Who did the oil drop experiment?
a) R. A. Millikan
b) J. J. Thomson
Answer: R. A. Millikan
2. Thomson discovered that every substance in this universe is made up of ________ from his experiments.
3. When cathode rays strike zinc sulfide coating, what did it create?
a) bright spot
b) blue light
c) uv rays
d) white light
Answer: bright spot
4. ___________ is the lightest and smallest particles that’s obtained from hydrogen(that is a positive ion).
5. What’s the mass of neutron in terms of electrons mass?
a) 1838 times of electron’s mass
b) 1/1838 times of electron’s mass
c) 1832 times of electron’s mass
d) 1/1832 times of electron’s mass
Answer: 1838 times of electron’s mass
6. Neutrally charged particles are protons.
7. Which of the following may be an incorrect statement regarding cathode ray discharge tube?
a) Presence of negative charge in cathode rays
b) The magnetic field deflects these rays
c) It needs high voltage
d) Protons are present in cathode rays
Answer: Protons are present in cathode rays
8. Which of the following condition is suitable for cathode ray discharge tube?
a) Low pressure, high voltage
b) Low pressure, low voltage
c) High pressure, low voltage
d) High pressure, high voltage
Answer: Low pressure, high voltage
9. Pick out electron’s charge to mass ratio’s value from the options.
a) 1.758820 × 1011 C kg-1
b) 1.758820 × 1011 C kg
c) 1.758823 × 1011 C kg
d) 1.708820 × 1011 C kg
Answer: 1.758820 × 1011 C kg-1