We have the best collection of Genesis of Periodic Classification MCQs and answer with FREE PDF. These Genesis of Periodic Classification MCQs will help you to prepare for any competitive exams like: NEET, AIIMS, JEE Mains, JEE Advance, IIT JEE, JIPMER and other Exams at all levels – you just have to practice regularly.
Genesis of Periodic Classification MCQs
1. The property of every eight elements is similar to that of the 1st element. This is proposed by
d) John Alexander Newland
Answer: John Alexander Newland
2. Newland’s law of Octaves is only valid until calcium.
3. The periodic functions of the __________ are the properties of respective elements.
a) Atomic Weights
b) Atomic Number
c) Chemical properties
d) No of protons
Answer: Atomic Weights
4. Eka Aluminium is _________
5. What are the atomic weights of Aka Silicon and Germanium?
a) 72, 72.6
b) 68, 70
c) 70, 72
d) 68, 72.6
Answer: 72, 72.6
6. In Mendeleev’s periodic classification, what is the number of groups?
7. The ideal gases were in ____ group of Mendeleev’s periodic table.
8. __________ gave the idea for the first time to classify elements as per their properties.
9. In triads, the average weight of the 1st and the 3rd element are equal to the second one.
10. Which of the following is not Dobereiner triad?
a) Li, Na, and K
b) He, Na and Ar
c) Ca, Sr and Ba
d) CL, Br and I
Answer: He, Na and Ar