We have the best collection of Hybridisation MCQs. These Hybridisation MCQs will help you to prepare for any competitive exams like: NEET, AIIMS, JEE Mains, JEE Advance, IIT JEE, JIPMER and other Exams at all levels – you just have to practice regularly.
1. What type of hybridization does a BCl3 molecule undergo?
2. What is the bond angle of H-C-H in methane molecule?
3. What do you think is the number of sigma bonds in an ethene molecule?
4. Mention the types of orbitals that undergo hybridization in order to get octahedral geometry?
a) s-orbital only
b) s-orbital and p-orbital
c) s-orbital, p-orbital, and d-orbital
d) d-orbital and p-orbital
Answer: s-orbital, p-orbital, and d-orbital
5. What is the geometry of PCl5 molecule?
a) Square pyramidal
c) Trigonal bipyramidal
Answer: Trigonal bipyramidal
6. The orbitals formed after hybridization have equal energy.
7. Which of the following statement is true regarding hybrid orbitals?
a) The amount of orbitals formed after the hybridization is not equal to the number of orbitals before hybridization
b) The hybrid orbitals don’t have equal energy
c) They can form more stable bonds than the pure orbitals
d) Hybridization doesn’t indicate geometry
Answer: They can form more stable bonds than the pure orbitals
8. Who introduced the concept of hybridization?
9. The phenomenon of forming completely new atomic orbitals by intermixing them is known as
c) Chemical bond formation
d) Electron configuration
10. The orbitals that are resulted from sp hybridization have _______% s-character and ________% p-character.
a) 25, 75
b) 75, 25
c) 20, 80
d) 50, 50
Answer: 50, 50
Hybridisation MCQs PDF Download
Categories: Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure