We have the best collection of Modern Periodic Law and the Present Form of the Periodic Table MCQs and answer with FREE PDF. These Modern Periodic Law and the Present Form of the Periodic Table MCQs will help you to prepare for any competitive exams like: NEET, AIIMS, JEE Mains, JEE Advance, IIT JEE, JIPMER and other Exams at all levels – you just have to practice regularly.
Modern Periodic Law and the Present Form of the Periodic Table MCQs
1. Henry Moseley’s law is given by the equation v√ = a(Z – b). What do a and b represent here?
a) The proportionality constant, screening constant
b) Screening constant, proportionality constant
c) Absorption constant, proportionality constant
d) screening constant, Boltzmann constant
Answer: The proportionality constant, screening constant
2. The horizontal rows in Mendeleev’s periodic table were called as __________
3. In the modern long-form of periodic table, the horizontal rows and the vertical columns are called as __________ and ___________ respectively.
a) groups, periods
b) periods, groups
c) rows, columns
d) columns, rows
Answer: periods, groups
4. The period’s number corresponds to the highest _________
a) Azimuthal quantum number
b) Spin quantum number
c) Magnetic quantum number
d) Principal quantum number
Answer: Principal quantum number
5. Which was the incomplete period in the long-form of the modern periodic table?
a) 7th period
b) 4th period
c) 6th period
d) 2nd period
Answer: 7th period
6. Which of the following period is the shortest one?
7. ____________ observed the X-rays’ characteristics.
a) Henry Moseley
Answer: Henry Moseley
8. The graph of v√ Vs Z gives a straight line.
9. The physical and chemical properties of an element are the periodic function of its _________
a) Atomic mass
b) Element behaviour
c) No of electrons
d) Atomic number
Answer: Atomic number