We have the best collection of Nature of Matter MCQs and answer with FREE PDF. These Nature of Matter MCQs will help you to prepare for any competitive exams like: NEET, AIIMS, JEE Mains, JEE Advance, IIT JEE, JIPMER and other Exams at all levels – you just have to practice regularly.
Nature of Matter MCQs
1. Which of the following is not a pure substance?
c) Sugar solution
Answer: Sugar solution
2. What are pure substances classified as?
a) Elements and Atoms
b) Molecules and Compounds
c) Elements and Compounds
d) Atoms and Molecules
Answer: Elements and Compounds
3. When two or more atoms of different elements combine with each other in a fixed ratio, the molecule of a ____ is obtained.
4. Compounds cannot be separated by chemical methods.
5. Point out an example of a compound.
a) Sugar solution
6. Water is a/an _______
c) Pure substance
7. The substances whose compositions are not uniform and different components are mixed are called _______
a) Homogenous substances
b) Heterogeneous substances
c) Pure substances
Answer: Heterogeneous substances
8. A ________ is made up of two or more pure substances which may be in any ratio.
9. Matter can be divided into two types i.e. mixture and pure substance.
10. Which among the three states of matter has a definite shape and size?