We have the best collection of Valence Bond Theory MCQs. These Valence Bond Theory MCQs will help you to prepare for any competitive exams like: NEET, AIIMS, JEE Mains, JEE Advance, IIT JEE, JIPMER and other Exams at all levels – you just have to practice regularly.
Valence Bond Theory MCQs
1. Which type of bond is present between hydrogens in hydrogen molecule?
a) Sigma bond
b) Pi bond
c) Ionic bond
d) Metallic bond
Answer: Sigma bond
2. The pi-bond involves __________
a) axial overlapping
b) side-wise overlapping
c) end to end type of overlapping
d) head-on overlapping
Answer: side-wise overlapping
3. A pi bond is stronger than a sigma bond.
4. A __________ overlap doesn’t result in the formation of a bond.
5. A positive overlap is same as ________
a) out-phase overlap
b) negative overlap
c) zero overlap
d) in-phase overlap
Answer: in-phase overlap
6. Valence bond theory explains the overlapping of atomic orbitals.
7. Which of the following is not a homonuclear diatomic molecule?
8. What is the electronic configuration of carbon in it’s excited state?
9. The bond enthalpy of ___________ molecule is 435.8 kJ mol-1.
10. The strength of covalent ___________ extent of overlapping of orbitals.
a) may be or may not be related
b) is independent on
c) is dependent on
d) is not related to
Answer: is dependent on