We have the best collection of Measurement of ?U and ?H: Calorimetry MCQs and answer with FREE PDF. These Measurement of ?U and ?H: Calorimetry MCQs will help you to prepare for any competitive exams like: NEET, AIIMS, JEE Mains, JEE Advance, IIT JEE, JIPMER and other Exams at all levels – you just have to practice regularly.
Calorimetry MCQs: Measurement of ?U and ?H
1. Bomb calorimeter is used to determine ____________
a) molar heat capacity
b) heat of combustion
c) rate kinetics
Answer: heat of combustion
2. “c” the specific heat capacity of a substance is given by temperature difference is given by ?T and the heat energy is given by Q then what is the mass of the substance?
b) c?T /Q
3. During the process of conversion of ice into the water, the specific heat capacity is given by
4. What is the value of specific heat capacity in the adiabatic process?
5. When 1 kg of water at 373 k, is converted into steam how much amount of heat energy is required?
a) 22600 KJ
b) 226 KJ
c) 2260 KJ
d) 22.6 KJ
Answer: 2260 KJ
6. The total heat energy utilized for increasing the temperature by 4 degrees Kelvin in a 3 kgs substance is 100 KJ what is the specific heat capacity of that substance?
a) 8.34 KJ/g-k
b) 8.34 KJ/Kg-k
c) 8.34 KJKg-k
d) 8.34 KJ/Kg
Answer: 8.34 KJ/Kg-k
7. The enthalpy, internal energy during a process and change in volume are 500 units, 400 units, and 2 units. What is the pressure that is exerted on the gas during this process?
a) 20 units
b) 80 units
c) 100 units
d) 50 units
Answer: 50 units
8. Bomb calorimeter is __________ in nature.
9. If an exothermic reaction occurs in a Bomb calorimeter then the temperature of the water bath
c) remains constant
d) cannot predict
10. Heat capacity of a Bomb calorimeter is given by _______