We have the best collection of Gaseous State MCQs and answer with FREE PDF. These Gaseous State MCQs will help you to prepare for any competitive exams like: NEET, AIIMS, JEE Mains, JEE Advance, IIT JEE, JIPMER and other Exams at all levels – you just have to practice regularly.
Gaseous State MCQs
1. Gases have low density than that of solids and liquids because of __________
a) no thermal energy
b) higher intermolecular energy
c) both intermolecular energy and thermal energy are the same
d) higher thermal energy
Answer: higher thermal energy
2. Gases mix properly without any mechanical aid.
3. Which of the following is not a gas law?
a) Boyle’s law
b) Charles law
c) Hooks law
d) Gay lussac’s law
Answer: Hooks law
4. What is the percentage of Nitrogen in the atmosphere approximately?
5. What can you say about particles motion in gases?
a) only vibratory
b) very slow
c) both vibratory and irregular
d) too Rapid and random
Answer: too Rapid and random
6. How many moles of oxygen are present in 64 grams of oxygen?
a) three moles
b) two moles
c) one mole
d) 16 moles
Answer: two moles
7. At STP conditions how much volume does one mole of a gas comprise of _________
a) 22.4 liters
b) 24 liters
c) depends on the molecular weight of the gas
d) depends on some other conditions
Answer: 22.4 liters
8. What is the lowermost layer of the earth?
9. Which of the following statement is true regarding gases?
a) gases are highly incompressible
b) gases exert equal pressure on each and every direction
c) its volume and shape is fixed
d) gases have the highest density among the 3 States of matter
Answer: gases exert equal pressure on each and every direction
10. Which of the following element is not a gas?