We have the best collection of Intermolecular Forces MCQs and answer with FREE PDF. These Intermolecular Forces MCQs will help you to prepare for any competitive exams like: NEET, AIIMS, JEE Mains, JEE Advance, IIT JEE, JIPMER and other Exams at all levels – you just have to practice regularly.
Intermolecular Forces MCQs
1. Dispersion force’s interaction energy is proportional to (take “r” as the distance between the two particles) ___________
2. Dipole-Dipole forces are stronger than _______ and weaker than _________ interactions.
a) dipole-induced dipole, london
b) ion-ion, dispersion
c) ion-ion, london
d) london, ion-ion
Answer: london, ion-ion
3. HCl is an example of __________
a) dipole-dipole intercations
b) dipole-induced dipole interactions
c) london intercation
d) van der waals interaction
Answer: dipole-dipole intercations
4. Take “r” as the distance between two molecules. The energy between stationary polar molecules is proportional to ____________ in the case of dipole-dipole intercations.
5. Which of the following interaction occurs between a permanent dipole and a neutral molecule?
a) Dipole-Dipole interactions
b) Dipole-induced dipole interactions
c) London interaction
d) Van der Waals interaction
Answer: Dipole-induced dipole interactions
6. Hydrogen bond plays a vital role in determining substance properties and structure. Which of the following may not an example?
b) Nucleic acids
c) Methane molecule
Answer: Methane molecule
7. Molecules do exert repulsive forces on one other.
8. What are the forces of attraction and repulsion between interacting molecules known as
a) attractive forces
b) repulsive forces
c) intermolecular forces
d) intramolecular forces
Answer: intermolecular forces
9. Deviation of real gas behavior from ideal gas is discovered by _____________
b) Van der Waals
Answer: Van der Waals
10. London force is also known as _____________
a) dispersion force
b) van der Waals forces
c) hydrogen bonding
d) covalent bonds
Answer: dispersion force