We have the best collection of Intermolecular Forces vs Thermal Interactions MCQs and answer with FREE PDF. These Intermolecular Forces vs Thermal Interactions MCQs will help you to prepare for any competitive exams like: NEET, AIIMS, JEE Mains, JEE Advance, IIT JEE, JIPMER and other Exams at all levels – you just have to practice regularly.
Intermolecular Forces vs Thermal Interactions MCQs
1. Gas is readily formed in case of predominance of ___________
a) intermolecular energy
b) thermal energy
c) both intermolecular energy and thermal en energy
d) neither intermolecular energy nor thermal energy
Answer: thermal energy
2. In the case of ice which energy do you think that is predominant?
a) Thermal energy
b) Intermolecular energy
c) Intermolecular energy
d) Heat energy
Answer: Intermolecular energy
3. The following are the temperatures of milk in Celsius. In which of the following, do you think intermolecular forces are predominant than thermal energy?
4. What is a term used for the conversion of solid into gas directly?
5. Particles in a solid __________
a) are tightly packed
b) are loosely packed
c) move continuously
d) collide with each other
Answer: are tightly packed
6. Compressibility is high in case of ___________
d) both solids and liquids have the same amount of compressibility
7. During the process of freezing the temperature is _________
8. What is the result of balancing between intermolecular forces and thermal energy?
b) three States of matter
c) four States of matter
d) chemical bond formation
Answer: three States of matter
9. Which state of matter is likely to form when there is a predominance of intermolecular energy?
d) both solid and gas
10. A gas can be liquefied only through an increase in compression.