We have the best collection of Kinetic Energy and Molecular Speeds MCQs and answer with FREE PDF. These Kinetic Energy and Molecular Speeds MCQs will help you to prepare for any competitive exams like: NEET, AIIMS, JEE Mains, JEE Advance, IIT JEE, JIPMER and other Exams at all levels – you just have to practice regularly.
Kinetic Energy and Molecular Speeds MCQs
1. What is the ratio of root mean square speed of 16 grams of Oxygen to 4 grams of hydrogen?
2. Which of the following is greater for identical conditions and the same gas?
a) most probable speed
b) average speed
c) root mean square speed
d) most probable and average speed have the same value
Answer: root mean square speed
3. The root mean square speed of a gas at a certain condition is 1.128 times greater than the most probable speed.
4. What is the most probable speed of oxygen gas with the mass of 32 grams at 27-degree centigrade?
a) 33.74 m/s
b) 44.78 m/s
c) 57.94 m/s
d) 549.14 m/s
Answer: 44.78 m/s
5. Which among the following options do you think has the highest average speed?
6. What is the ratio of the velocities of 2 moles of hydrogen to five moles of helium?
7. What is the mean velocity of one Mole neon gas at a temperature of 400 Kelvin?
a) 11.533 m/s
b) 357.578 m/s
c) 367.79 m/s
d) 34 m/s
Answer: 11.533 m/s
8. Calculate the root mean square speed of hydrogen in m/s at 27°C?
a) 2835.43 m/s
b) 2635.43 m/s
c) 2735.43 m/s
d) 2731.43 m/s
Answer: 2735.43 m/s
9. What is the ratio of urms to ump in oxygen gas at 298k?
10. The speed of three particles is recorded as 3 m/s, 4 m/s, and 5 m/s. What is a root mean square speed of these particles?
a) 4.082 m/s
b) 2.07 m/s
c) 3.87 m/s
d) 3.082 m/s
Answer: 4.082 m/s