We have the best collection of Kinetic Molecular Theory of Gases MCQs and answer with FREE PDF. These Kinetic Molecular Theory of Gases MCQs will help you to prepare for any competitive exams like: NEET, AIIMS, JEE Mains, JEE Advance, IIT JEE, JIPMER and other Exams at all levels – you just have to practice regularly.
Kinetic Molecular Theory of Gases MCQs
1. Why do you think the pressure is exerted by the gas on the walls of the container in all directions?
a) they consist of identical particles
b) collide with each other during random motion
c) lack of definite shape
d) more forces of attraction
Answer: collide with each other during random motion
2. Collisions of gas molecules are ___________
a) perfectly elastic
c) always occur in a proper and predicted motion
d) not conserved
Answer: perfectly elastic
3. At an instance different particles have ________ speeds.
4. There is an increase in temperature of an object then the kinetic energy of the object __________
c) remains the same
d) it is not related to the temperature
5. The temperature of a gas is 100 K it is heated until it is 200 k then, what do you understand regarding kinetic energy in this process?
6. Which of the following is not a postulate of Kinetic molecular theory of gases?
a) the actual volume of gas molecules is negligible
b) there are high forces of attraction between the gas molecules
c) collisions are elastic in gas molecules
d) kinetic energy of gas molecules is directly proportional to the absolute temperature
Answer: there are high forces of attraction between the gas molecules
7. Which of the following statements do you think is the correct one?
a) in gases there is a predominance of intermolecular energy
b) all molecules have the same speed at different temperatures
c) collisions of gas molecules are elastic
d) do not exert the same pressure in all directions
Answer: collisions of gas molecules are elastic
8. Which of the following assumption explains great compressibility of gases?
a) the actual volume of the gas molecules is negligible
b) there is no force of attraction
c) particles are always in random motion
d) different particles have different speeds
Answer: the actual volume of the gas molecules is negligible
9. Gases ________ and occupy all the space that is available to them.
10. Gases do not have a fixed shape.