We have the best collection of Applications of Equilibrium Constants MCQs and answer with FREE PDF. These Applications of Equilibrium Constants MCQs will help you to prepare for any competitive exams like: NEET, AIIMS, JEE Mains, JEE Advance, IIT JEE, JIPMER and other Exams at all levels – you just have to practice regularly.
Applications of Equilibrium Constants MCQs
1. For a reaction aA + bB ? cC + dD, which is not in equilibrium the QC is given as __________
2. What will happen If QC > KC?
a) QC decreases till equilibrium
b) QC increases till equilibrium
c) QC remains constant
d) cannot say
Answer: QC decreases till equilibrium
3. At equilibrium, KC is _______________
a) greater than reaction quotient
b) equal to the reaction quotient
c) less than the reaction question
d) independent of reaction question
Answer: equal to the reaction quotient
4. What do you think will happen if reaction quotient is smaller than the equilibrium constant?
a) equilibrium constant will change
b) reaction quotient remains constant
c) reaction quotient increases continuously
d) reaction quotient increases till KC
Answer: reaction quotient increases till KC
5. If [H2]t=0.10 M, [I2]t = 0.20 M and [HI]t = 0.40 M, in the reaction H2(g) + I2(g) ? 2HI(g), what is the value of QC?
6. What do you understand from the reaction if reaction quotient is 2 and the equilibrium constant is 3?
a) the equilibrium constant increases
b) the equilibrium constant decreases
c) the equilibrium constant remains the same
d) reaction quotient increases
Answer: reaction quotient increases
7. Equilibrium constant depends on the temperature.
8. If KC > 10x, the products predominate over reactants. Then what is the value of x?
9. What will happen if KC > 10-3 in a chemical reaction?
a) products are predominant
b) reactants are predominant
d) dynamic equilibrium
Answer: dynamic equilibrium
10. Reaction quotient is depicted by this symbol __________