We have the best collection of Relationship between Equilibrium Constant K, Reaction Quotient Q and Gibbs Energy G MCQs and answer with FREE PDF. These Relationship between Equilibrium Constant K, Reaction Quotient Q and Gibbs Energy G MCQs will help you to prepare for any competitive exams like: NEET, AIIMS, JEE Mains, JEE Advance, IIT JEE, JIPMER and other Exams at all levels – you just have to practice regularly.
Relationship between K, Q and G MCQs
1. In a reaction, if the value of Gibbs free energy is greater than zero what does it infer?
a) K is greater than 1
b) K is less than 1
c) K is equal to 1
d) Cannot deduce K from Gibbs free energy
Answer: K is less than 1
2. When is a reaction nonspontaneous?
a) Gibbs free energy is positive
b) Gibbs free energy is negative
c) Gibbs free energy is zero
d) Does not depend on Gibbs free energy
Answer: Gibbs free energy is positive
3. What did the Q depicted in the equation; ΔG = ΔG0 + RT lnQ?
a) reaction coefficient
b) reaction quotient
c) equilibrium constant
d) free energy
Answer: reaction quotient
4. If the value of Gibbs free energy for a reaction is 20J/mol, the reaction is ___________
c) may be spontaneous
d) may not be spontaneous
5. For a reaction, Kc = 3.81 × 10–3 and ΔG0 = 13.8 kJ/mol. Then what is the value of R?
a) -8.314J mol–1K–1
b) 8.314J mol–1K–1
c) cannot say as the temperature is not given
d) -8.314J mol–1
Answer: 8.314J mol–1K–1
6. What happens when reaction quotient is equal to the equilibrium constant?
a) the reaction proceeds in the forward direction
b) the reaction proceeds in the backward direction
c) the reaction reaches equilibrium
d) cannot predict
Answer: the reaction reaches equilibrium
7. Is a relationship between reaction quotient and Gibbs free energy at a temperature T?
a) ΔG = ΔG0 + RT lnQ
b) ΔG = ΔG0 + RT lnk
c) ΔG = ΔG0 + R lnQ
d) ΔD = ΔG0 + RT lnQ
Answer: ΔG = ΔG0 + RT lnQ
8. In a reaction, at 300k, KC is given as 2 x 1013, then what is the value of ΔG?
a) – 7.64 × 104 J
b) – 7.64 × 104 J mol–1
c) – 7.64 × 10 J mol–1
d) – 7.64 × 104 mol–1
Answer: – 7.64 × 104 J mol–1
9. For a chemical reaction, the value of ΔG0 is -831.4 J/mol. Then what is the value of KC at 100 k?
10. If the value of ΔG0 is -2502 J/mol and K is 2, what is the temperature of the reaction that is occurring?
a) 200 k
b) 101 k
c) 100 k
d) 300 k
Answer: 100 k