We have the best collection of Equilibrium in Physical Processes MCQs and answer with FREE PDF. These Equilibrium in Physical Processes MCQs will help you to prepare for any competitive exams like: NEET, AIIMS, JEE Mains, JEE Advance, IIT JEE, JIPMER and other Exams at all levels – you just have to practice regularly.
Equilibrium in Physical Processes MCQs
1. Which of the following is an example of solid-liquid equilibrium?
a) water and steam at hundred degrees centigrade
b) water and ice at 0-degree centigrade
c) the point where Ammonia is sublimized
d) boiling point of water
Answer: water and ice at 0-degree centigrade
2. Amount of a gas that is dissolved in a solvent depends on the pressure of the solvent.
3. Which of the following statements is false regarding the equilibrium constant?
a) it has a definite value for every chemical reaction at a particular temperature
b) it is independent of initial concentrations of the reactants
c) it is dependent on the presence of a catalyst
d) if K is the equilibrium constant for a backward reaction then the forward reaction’s equilibrium constant is 1/k
Answer: it is dependent on the presence of a catalyst
4. What will happen if the rate of evaporation is equal to the rate of condensation in the water?
a) solid-liquid equilibrium
b) liquid-vapor equilibrium
c) solid-vapor equilibrium
Answer: liquid-vapor equilibrium
5. The equilibrium in a chemical reaction is represented by the symbol ____________
6. Select the correct equilibrium involving physical equilibrium.
a) it is possible only in a closed system at a given temperature
b) both forward and backward does not occur at the same rate
c) there is a dynamic but an unstable condition
d) measurable properties of the system do not remain constant
Answer: it is possible only in a closed system at a given temperature
7. When solid sugar dissolves in the solution __________ equilibrium is attained.
a) liquid vapor
b) solid liquid
c) solid vapor
Answer: solid liquid
8. If both the forward and reverse reaction rates are equal in the equilibrium is said to be
a) dynamic equilibrium
b) equilibrium mixture
c) static equilibrium
d) newton equilibrium
Answer: dynamic equilibrium
9. Physical equilibrium is the same as the chemical equilibrium.
10. Which of the following characteristics of chemical equilibrium is true?
a) equilibrium is dynamic in nature
b) equilibrium cannot be attained from either side
c) equilibrium cannot be obtained in a closed container
d) equilibrium state is affected by the presence of a catalyst
Answer: equilibrium is dynamic in nature