We have the best collection of Factors Affecting Equilibria MCQs and answer with FREE PDF. These Factors Affecting Equilibria MCQs will help you to prepare for any competitive exams like: NEET, AIIMS, JEE Mains, JEE Advance, IIT JEE, JIPMER and other Exams at all levels – you just have to practice regularly.
Factors Affecting Equilibria MCQs
1. Consider the chemical equation TiCl4 + 2 H2O ? TiO2 + 4 HCl if the pressure is increased what will happen to the equilibrium?
a) it moves backward direction
b) moves forward direction
c) remains constant
d) cannot say
Answer: it moves backward direction
2. If a reaction produces heat during the process then it is ____________
c) both exothermic and endothermic
d) neither exothermic nor endothermic
3. The formation of products is favoured by ____________ temperature in an endothermic reaction.
4. At constant pressure, if the inert gases added then the equilibrium will shift in the direction of
a) decrease in the number of moles
b) increase in the number of moles
c) does not depend on the number of moles
d) does not change
Answer: increase in the number of moles
5. Which side does the catalyst shift the equilibrium position?
a) left side
b) right side
c) may be left or right side
d) does change the position
Answer: does change the position
6. The equilibrium position does not change when there is an addition of inert gas at constant volume.
7. What will happen to the position of equilibrium if the concentration of one of the products is increased?
a) shifts left
b) shift right
c) does not change
d) main shift left or right
Answer: shifts left
8. Which of the following factors do you think will not affect the state of the equilibrium?
9. What will happen if at equilibrium the concentration of one of the reactants is increased?
a) equilibrium will shift in the forward direction
b) equilibrium population will not change
c) equilibrium will shift in the backward direction
d) equilibrium will move to and fro
Answer: equilibrium will shift in the forward direction
10. In the reaction, H2(g) + Br2(g) ? 2HBr(g), what will happen if there is a change in pressure?
a) equilibrium moves left
b) equilibrium moves right
c) there is no change in equilibrium
d) we cannot say
Answer: there is no change in equilibrium