We have the best collection of Deep Water MCQ (Class 12) English Chapter-3 and answer with FREE PDF. These Deep Water MCQ (Class 12) English Chapter-3 will help you to prepare for your upcoming exam preparation – you just have to practice regularly.
Deep Water MCQ
1. Who is the author of Deep Water?
(a) William Shakespeare
(b) William George Bernard Shaw
(c) William Wordsworth
(d) William Douglas
Answer: William Douglas
2. At first, why was the writer not much frightened when he was thrown into the pool?
(a) Because he was sleeping
(b) Because he was intoxicated
(c) Because he thought that the lifeguard would come to his rescue
(d) Because of confidence
Answer: Because of confidence
3. What distance Douglas covered while swimming across the lake Wentworth?
(a) 4 miles
(b) 3 miles
(c) 5 miles
(d) 2 miles
Answer: 2 miles
4. What was stopping Douglas to get into the waters of Cascade?
(a) Memories of Washington
(b) Memories of California
(c) Instructions given by the instructor
(d) Memories full of terror in the pool
Answer: Memories full of terror in the pool
5. “I crossed to oblivion, and the curtain of life fell”. What does oblivion mean?
(b) changing room
6. Why did Douglas’ mother recommend that he should learn swimming at the Y. M.C.A swimming pool?
(a) Because it was local
(b) Because it was safe
(c) Because it was shallow
(d) Because it was shallow and safe
Answer: Because it was shallow and safe
7. At the end of the experience, Douglas felt
8. ‘All we have to fear is fear itself. Who said these words?
(b) his instructor
(c) his father
(d) President Roosevelt
Answer: President Roosevelt
9. ‘What do you think you can do to me’? These words were spoken by Douglas to
(a) a shark
(b) to his enemy
(c) to the boy who pushed him
(d) to terror
Answer: to terror
10. Whenever terror struck again, Douglas would start
(d) talking to terror
Answer: talking to terror
11. He practised in the pool
(a) ten times a week
(b) five days a week
(c) twice a week
(d) thrice a week
Answer: five days a week
12. After being haunted by fear for many years Douglas decided to learn to swim. He took the help of
(a) his mother
(b) his father
(c) a friend
(d) an instructor
Answer: an instructor
13. When he regained consciousness, he
(a) laughed at his experience
(b) had 104° F fever
(c) shook and cried and didn’t eat anything
(d) told his mother about his misadventure
Answer: shook and cried and didn’t eat anything
15. Douglas went down towards the bottom
(a) only once
(d) five times
16. The water in the pool had a
(a) dirty yellow tinge
(b) a blue reflection
(c) green colour
(d) no colour
Answer: (a) dirty yellow tinge
17. Where was the lake Wentworth?
(a) In New Hampshire
(b) in Washington
(c) in California
(d) in Washington D.C
Answer: (a) In New Hampshire
18. How did Douglas make sure that he had conquered the old terror?
(a) By visiting California
(b) By jumping into the waters
(c) By taking a lesson from the instructor
(d) By swimming into the lake Wentworth
Answer: By swimming into the lake Wentworth
19. Why was Douglas determined to get over his fear of water?
(a) because he wanted to swim in the waters of the Cascade
(b) because his friend had challenged him
(c) because he had a bet on it
(d) because he wanted to win a medal
Answer: because he wanted to swim in the waters of the Cascade
20. Why did Douglas hire an instructor?
(a) To be confident in swimming
(b) To compete with others
(c) To flaunt
(d) To overcome his fear of water and learn swimming
Answer: To overcome his fear of water and learn swimming
21. Why did Douglas hate to walk with bare legs?
(a) Ugly looking legs
(b) Fat legs
(c) Because of skin color
(d) Because of skinny legs
Answer: Because of skinny legs
22. What was the impact of the pool incident?
(a) Developed fear
(b) Became confident
(c) Became overconfident
(d) Hydrophobia was revived
Answer: Hydrophobia was revived
24. What does Douglas do to save himself in the pool?
(a) Used his mind and pushed himself up
(b) Shouted aloud
(c) Called people
(d) Shouted help help
Answer: Used his mind and pushed himself up
25. How did the instructor make Douglas a good swimmer?
(b) With the help of ropes
(c) By pushing him into the pool
(d) With the help of ropes and belts
Answer: With the help of ropes and belts
26. How did this experience affect the author?
(a) Became fearless
(d) Became hydrophobic
Answer: Became hydrophobic
27. What were the series of emotions and fears that Douglas experienced when he was thrown into the pool?
(d) Mixed feelings of confidence and fear
Answer: Mixed feelings of confidence and fear
28. When Douglas tried to yell
(a) everyone came to his rescue
(b) no sound came out
(c) his father arrived
(d) the lifeguard dived to save him up, they hung as
Answer: no sound came out
29. The nine feet seemed to Douglas like
(a) hundred feet
(b) ninety feet
(c) fifty feet
(d) twenty-five feet
Answer: ninety feet
30. Though Douglas was frightened, he was not
(a) afraid to die
(b) going to survive
(c) out of his wits
(d) able to shout for help
Answer: out of his wits