We have the best collection of Hydrology MCQs with FREE PDF, which will help you to prepare for your upcoming exam preparation. Hydrology MCQs with FREE PDF is possibly the most complete paper of its kind on this subject presently on the internet, and comes complete with FULL solutions. Using this product will help you to learn about Hydrology MCQs with FREE PDF, at your own pace.
1. On what does generation of Hydro power depends?
a) Quantity of water available
b) On capacity of turbine
c) Height of head
d) Storage capacity
Answer: Quantity of water available
2. On what does the Quantity of water available at selected site depends?
a) Temperature at the selected site
b) Humidity at selected site
c) Vegetation of the area
d) Hydrological cycle of area
Answer: Hydrological cycle of area
3. Capacity of hydraulic plant is dependent on __________
a) Minimum quantity of water available
b) Vegetation of the selected area
c) Maximum quantity of water available
d) Available head
Answer: Minimum quantity of water available
4. What are used to store water during peak periods?
a) Storage drums
d) Storage Reservoirs
Answer: Storage Reservoirs
5. The evaporation of water from the surfaces and its precipitation is known as ___________
c) Hydrological cycle
Answer: Hydrological cycle
6. The shaft power developed by the water passing through the prime mover is given by _______
a) P = mgH/1000× no
b) P = mgH/100× no
c) P = mgH/10× no
d) P = mgH/no×1000
Answer: P = mgH/1000× no
7. What type of energy does rain falling holds relative to the oceans?
a) Potential energy
b) Kinematic energy
c) Electrical energy
d) Motion energy
Answer: Potential energy
8. How does Hydro power plays important in development of a country?
a) Shows the amount of water power in a country
b) Providing abundant amount of power
c) Providing power at cheap rate
d) Power production by hydro power plant is easier
Answer: Providing power at cheap rate
9. How much of the total amount of power developed world wide consists of hydro power plant?
10. Which two countries have vast hydro resources?
a) Hungary and Luxemburg
b) India and china
c) Russia and Nepal
d) Japan and Georgia
Answer: Russia and Nepal