We have the best collection of Classical Idea of Redox Reactions-Oxidation and Reduction Reactions MCQs and answer with FREE PDF. These Classical Idea of Redox Reactions-Oxidation and Reduction Reactions MCQs will help you to prepare for any competitive exams like: NEET, AIIMS, JEE Mains, JEE Advance, IIT JEE, JIPMER and other Exams at all levels – you just have to practice regularly.
Classical Idea of Redox Reactions-Oxidation and Reduction Reactions MCQs
1. Reduction involves in __________ oxidation number.
d) remain constant
2. Formation of copper from copper iron is an example of a reduction.
3. Oxidation is the same as __________
a) addition of hydrogen
b) removal of oxygen
c) addition of oxygen
d) removal of Nitrogen
Answer: addition of oxygen
4. Formation of zinc sulphide is an example of ___________
c) removal of oxygen
d) addition of hydrogen
5. SnCl2 + 2FeCl2 → SnCl4 + 2FeCl2 is an example of __________________ reaction.
a) only oxidation
b) only reduction
d) neither oxidation nor reduction
6. SnCl2 + 2FeCl2 → SnCl4 + 2FeCl2. Which of the following element undergoes oxidation in the reaction given?
7. Which of the following do you think is a correct statement?
a) oxidation is caused by a reducing agent
b) the oxidation reaction is a Redox reaction
c) addition of electropositive element is a type of oxidation
d) reduction is the addition of hydrogen
Answer: reduction is the addition of hydrogen
8. In the reaction of formation of magnesium oxide magnesium undergoes ________
9. A zinc ion is formed due to oxidation.
10. Removal of oxygen from a compound is an example of ________