The Wastes and Wastewater Treatment MCQs with FREE PDF will help you master all the important contents of Wastewater Treatment theory. With the help of the free PDF, you will easily understand and revise each and every chapter. You can revise all the relevant concepts and keep them in your mind for a better understanding of exam content.
Wastewater Treatment MCQs
1. Which institute has launched a new technique called SWASTIIK to disinfect water by using natural oils?
b) IIT- Delhi
2. Which state of India launched ‘Reuse of Treated Waste Water Policy’ to reduce state’s dependence on fresh water?
3. What is added to the water treatment tank to settle the colloidal particles?
b) Alum and lime
4. Disinfection of water in our country is mainly done by ____________
5. Which minerals and in what form are present in ground water?
a) Fe & Mn in Ferrous and Manganous
b) Fe & Cu in Ferric and Cupric
c) Fe & Mn in Ferric and manganous
d) Cu & Mn in Cuprous and manganous
Answer: Fe & Mn in Ferrous and Manganous
6. How many types of wastewater treatment plants are there based on the type of wastewater?
7. On how many conditions does the intervention of wastewater depend on?
8. The term ‘Sullage’ refers to:
a) Fresh wastewater
b) Septic wastewater
c) Wastewater from kitchen, laundry
d) Toxic wastewater
Answer: Wastewater from kitchen, laundry
9. Wastewater can become septic by the loss of:
a) Dissolved oxygen content
b) Carbon content
c) Organic compounds
d) Water content
Answer: Dissolved oxygen content
10. Which one of the below is not an attribute of drinking water?
11. The extent of water treatment depends on how many factors?
12. One of the major objectives of water treatment plants is the removal of turbidity.