We have the best collection of Water MCQs and answer with FREE PDF. These Water MCQs will help you to prepare for any competitive exams like: NEET, AIIMS, JEE Mains, JEE Advance, IIT JEE, JIPMER and other Exams at all levels – you just have to practice regularly.
1. Do ice float on Water?
a) may be
c) cannot say
2. The type of hardness that occurs due to the presence of bicarbonate of calcium and magnesium ions hardness is _______________
a) half hardness
b) temporary hardness
c) permanent hardness
d) momentary hardness
Answer: temporary hardness
3. What is the most efficient method to get water with zero degrees hardness?
b) Permutit process
c) Synthetic resins
d) Calgon process
Answer: Permutit process
4. Which of the following is a method of removing temporary hardness?
b) adding washing soda
c) adding caustic soda
d) adding sodium phosphate
5. What is Calgon?
a) potassium Phantom metaphosphate
b) sodium penta metaphosphate
c) potassium hexametaphosphate
d) sodium hexametaphosphate
Answer: sodium hexametaphosphate
6. Which of the following, do you think are the synthetic resins present in removal of permanent hardness?
a) cation exchange resins only
b) anion exchange resins only
c) both cation exchange resins and anion exchange resins
d) neither cation exchange resins nor anion exchange resins
Answer: both cation exchange resins and anion exchange resins
7. What is the hybridization of water?
8. Pure water is a good conductor.
9. Water has a maximum density at _____ degree centigrade.
10. Dielectric constant of water is ____________