We have the best collection of Environmental Chemistry (Green Chemistry) MCQs (Class-11) And Answers. These Environmental Chemistry (Green Chemistry) MCQs (Class-11) And Answers will help you to prepare for any competitive exams like: NEET, AIIMS, JEE Mains, JEE Advance, IIT JEE, JIPMER and other Exams at all levels – you just have to practice regularly. These Environmental Chemistry (Green Chemistry) MCQs (Class-11) And Answers contain most important Questions and Answers of Previous year questions papers of Medical & Engineering Entrance Tests and NCERT Books.
Green Chemistry MCQs
1. Green chemistry is the design of chemical products and processes that reduce or eliminate the use and generation of hazardous substances. Identify the technique used in this area.
b) Polymer manufacturing
c) Pesticide synthesis
d) Use of sunlight and Microwave-assisted reaction
Answer: Use of sunlight and Microwave-assisted reaction
2. Which of the following gas was traditionally used to bleach paper?
b) Carbon dioxide
3. Replacement of liquid CO2 by halogenated solvent will result in less harm to groundwater.
4. Which of the following is a green solvent used for bleaching clothes?
a) Hydrogen peroxide
Answer: Hydrogen peroxide
5. Identify the non-toxic and green solvent.
a) Liquified carbondioxide
c) Carbon tetrachloride
Answer: Liquified carbondioxide
6. Which of the following is a greener route to produce ethanal commercially?
a) Catalytic cracking of ethanol
b) Oxidation of ethene with an ionic catalyst
c) Steam reforming of methanol
d) Dehydrogenation of ethylene
Answer: Oxidation of ethene with an ionic catalyst
7. Name the conventional solvent that was used for dry cleaning purposes which later confirmed to be a suspected carcinogen.
a) Supercritical CO2
d) Benzene aldehyde
8. Which of the following is not a principle of Green Chemistry?
a) Green solvents and auxiliaries
b) Use of renewable feedstock
c) Hazardous chemical synthesis
d) Design for energy efficiency
Answer: Hazardous chemical synthesis