We have the best collection of Environmental Chemistry (Soil Pollution) MCQs (Class-11) And Answers. These Environmental Chemistry (Soil Pollution) MCQs (Class-11) And Answers will help you to prepare for any competitive exams like: NEET, AIIMS, JEE Mains, JEE Advance, IIT JEE, JIPMER and other Exams at all levels – you just have to practice regularly. These Environmental Chemistry (Soil Pollution) MCQs (Class-11) And Answers contain most important Questions and Answers of Previous year questions papers of Medical & Engineering Entrance Tests and NCERT Books.
Soil Pollution MCQs
1. Identify the substance that is not an organic toxin.
c) Hydrogen sulphide
Answer: Hydrogen sulphide
2. Pick out the correct statement about carbamates from the following.
a) They are less harmful to human life
b) They offer excellent insect-resistance
c) They are less persistent
d) They are non-biodegradable
Answer: They are less persistent
3. Identify the correct statement regarding negative soil pollution.
a) Contamination of the soil due to addition of insecticides
b) Reduction in soil productivity due to soil erosion
c) Reduction in soil productivity due to the addition of pesticides and herbicides
d) Contamination of the soil due to natural disasters.
Answer: Reduction in soil productivity due to soil erosion
4. Pesticides and herbicides are the major components of chemical pollution.
5. In the recent days, where has the pesticide industry has shifted to?
a) Stronger pesticides
6. Which of the following is an herbicide?
c) Sodium chloride
d) Sodium arsinite
Answer: Sodium arsinite
7. At each trophic level, the pollutant gets 10 times more concentrated.
8. Before World War II, which chemical was used for pest control?
c) Boric acid
9. Which one of the following chemicals has been banned in India?
10. Pick out the correct characteristic of organic toxins.
a) insoluble, non-biodegradable
b) soluble, non-biodegradable
c) insoluble, biodegradable
d) soluble, biodegradable
Answer: insoluble, non-biodegradable