We have the best collection of Hydrocarbons (Alkanes) MCQs (Class-11) And Answers. These Hydrocarbons (Alkanes) MCQs (Class-11) And Answers will help you to prepare for any competitive exams like: NEET, AIIMS, JEE Mains, JEE Advance, IIT JEE, JIPMER and other Exams at all levels – you just have to practice regularly. These Hydrocarbons (Alkanes) MCQs (Class-11) And Answers contains most important Questions and Answers of Previous years questions papers of Medical & Engineering Entrance Tests and NCERT Books.
1. Which of the following reaction is used to increase the length of the carbon chain?
a) Wolff Kishnn’s reaction
b) Clemmensen reduction
c) Kolbe’s electrolysis
d) Wurtz reaction
Answer: Wurtz reaction
2. Corey-House synthesis is used for alkanes having __________ number of carbon atoms.
3. Alkynes are __________ in nature and first four members are __________ gases.
a) polar, white
b) nonpolar, colourless
c) polar, colourless
d) nonpolar, white
Answer: nonpolar, colourless
4. Which of the following is not a process of halogenation of alkanes?
5. In the combustion reaction of alkanes if Ethane is used how many moles of oxygen are required?
6. Methane cannot be prepared by the reduction of alkenes or alkynes.
7. Which of the following is true regarding the boiling point?
a) cannot say
b) n-Octane is greater than isooctane
c) n-Octane is less than isooctane
d) n-Octane is equal to isooctane
Answer: n-Octane is greater than isooctane
8. Alkanes are also known as __________
9. Is of hydrogenation is __________ on steric crowding.
a) may be related to
d) not related to
10. How many carbons are there in the product of a decarboxylation reaction when compared with the reactant?
a) two carbons more
b) one carbon more
c) one carbon less
d) an equal number of carbons
Answer: one carbon less