We have the best collection of p-Block Elements (Important Compounds of Carbon and Silicon) Important Questions. These p-Block Elements (Important Compounds of Carbon and Silicon) Important Questions and Answers will help you to prepare for any competitive exams like: NEET, AIIMS, JEE Mains, JEE Advance, IIT JEE, JIPMER and other Exams at all levels – you just have to practice regularly. These p-Block Elements (Important Compounds of Carbon and Silicon) Important Questions and Answers and FREE PDF contains most important Questions and Answers of Previous years questions papers of Medical & Engineering Entrance Tests and NCERT Books.
Important Compounds of Carbon and Silicon
1. What is the basic structural unit of a silicate?
2. What is the chemical formula of beryl?
3. What is the second hardest material known?
4. The cross-linked polymer compounds containing silicone which are linear and the cyclic are called
5. Which of the following is not a component of glass?
a) Sodium chloride
b) Calcium carbonate
d) Sodium carbonate
Answer: Sodium chloride
6. When aluminium ions replace silicon ions and silicon dioxide what is it called?
7. which of the following is not a part of the composition of natural gas?
8. What is the full form of LPG?
a) liquefied phenolic gas
b) liquefied pentane gas
c) liquefied petroleum gas
d) liquid petroleum gas
Answer: liquefied petroleum gas
9. Which of the following mixture is known as producer gas?
a) carbon dioxide and hydrogen
b) carbon monoxide and hydrogen
c) carbon monoxide and nitrogen
d) carbon dioxide and nitrogen
Answer: carbon monoxide and nitrogen
10. Which of the following is not a property of carbon monoxide?
d) oxidising agent
Answer: oxidising agent