We have the best collection of s-Block Elements (Anomalous Properties of Lithium) Important Questions. These s-Block Elements (Anomalous Properties of Lithium) Important Questions and Answers will help you to prepare for any competitive exams like: NEET, AIIMS, JEE Mains, JEE Advance, IIT JEE, JIPMER and other Exams at all levels – you just have to practice regularly. These s-Block Elements (Anomalous Properties of Lithium) Important Questions and Answers and FREE PDF contains most important Questions and Answers of Previous years questions papers of Medical & Engineering Entrance Tests and NCERT Books.
Anomalous Properties of Lithium
1. What is the electronegativity of lithium?
2. Which of the following statements is true regarding the diagonal relationship between Lithium and magnesium?
a) Lithium and magnesium combined with oxygen to form superoxides
b) Lithium and magnesium are soft metals
c) Lithium hydroxide and magnesium Hydroxide are weak bases
d) Magnesium chloride is completely soluble in water
Answer: Lithium hydroxide and magnesium Hydroxide are weak bases
3. Which of the following element has the smallest size in its group?
4. Does Lithium react with nitrites?
c) may be
d) may not be
5. On heating lithium carbonate decomposes in order to evolve the ____________
c) carbon dioxide
Answer: carbon dioxide
6. Lithium has a diagonal relationship with ____________
7. Lithium has the same radius that of magnesium.
8. Lithium and magnesium are ____________ metals.
9. Lithium chloride is ____________ in nature.
10. What is the difference between the Ionic radius of cations of Lithium and magnesium?
a) 2 A°
b) 0.05 A°
c) 1 A°
d) 5 A°
Answer: 0.05 A°