We have the best collection of s-Block Elements (Group 1 Elements: Alkali Metals) Important Questions. These s-Block Elements (Group 1 Elements: Alkali Metals) Important Questions and Answers will help you to prepare for any competitive exams like: NEET, AIIMS, JEE Mains, JEE Advance, IIT JEE, JIPMER and other Exams at all levels – you just have to practice regularly. These s-Block Elements (Group 1 Elements: Alkali Metals) Important Questions and Answers and FREE PDF contains most important Questions and Answers of Previous years questions papers of Medical & Engineering Entrance Tests and NCERT Books.
Group 1 Elements: Alkali Metals
1. Is there removal of second electron difficult in alkali metals?
d) Cannot say
2. Alkali metals are strongly _____________
3. Alkaline earth metals show +1 Oxidation state and their atomic volume _____________ down the group.
a) is irregular
d) do not change
4. Does the degree of hydration depend upon the size of the cation?
d) Cannot say
5. The flame of caesium is in the colour _____________
b) red violet
7. Caesium has the highest electrical conductivity in its group.
8. All alkali metals are good dash agents?
c) both oxidising and reducing
d) neither oxidizing not reducing
9. What happens when alkali metals are exposed to moist air?
a) formation of nitrates
b) formation of oxides
c) formation of chlorides
d) formation of sulphates
Answer: formation of oxides
10. Sodium Peroxide is _____________ in colour and potassium superoxide is used as a source of _____________
a) blue, yellow
b) yellow, hydrogen
c) blue, oxygen
d) yellow, oxygen
Answer: yellow, oxygen
Categories: s-Block Elements