Chemical Kinetics MCQ For NEET PDF (Collision Theory of Chemical Reactions) will be useful for students preparing for their competitive examinations like NEET, AIIMS, JEE and others. This MCQs PDF will help you to learn and revise your concepts easily.
Chemical Kinetics MCQ For NEET PDF (Collision Theory of Chemical Reactions)
1. Who put forward the collision theory of chemical reactions?
a) Trautz and Lewis
b) Luigi Galvani
c) Henry Cavendish
d) Alessandro Volta
Answer: Trautz and Lewis
2. The proper orientation of reactant molecules leads to bond formation.
3. Which of the following is a drawback of collision theory?
a) Proper orientation
b) High activation energy
c) Hard spheres
d) Have energy equal to or greater than the threshold energy
Answer: Hard spheres
4. What is the term used to refer to the number of collisions per unit volume of the reaction mixture?
a) Collision force
b) Collision frequency
c) Collision energy
d) Collision time period
Answer: Collision frequency
5. What is the rate of reaction for a bimolecular elementary reaction?
a) ZAB e-Ea/RT
b) ZAB eEa/RT
c) – ZAB e-Ea/RT
d) – ZAB eEa/RT
Answer: ZAB e-Ea/RT
6. In a chemical reaction, if the reactant requires a high amount of activation energy, then what is the behaviour of the reaction?
d) Doesn’t depend on activation energy
7. What are the factors that determine an effective collision?
a) Translational collision and energy of activation
b) Threshold energy and proper orientation
c) Proper orientation and steric bulk of the molecule
d) Collision frequency, threshold energy and proper orientation
Answer: Collision frequency, threshold energy and proper orientation
8. When a catalyst is involved in the collision between the reactant molecules, more energy is required.
9. Which of the following explains the increase in the reaction rate by a catalyst?
a) Catalyst decreases the rate of backward reaction so that rate of forward reaction increases
b) Catalyst provides extra energy to reacting molecules so that they produce effective collisions
c) Catalyst provides an alternative path of lower activation energy to the reactants
d) Catalyst increases the number of collisions between the reacting molecules.
Answer: Catalyst provides an alternative path of lower activation energy to the reactants
10. Effective collisions are those in which molecules must acquire the energy of activation.