Chemical Kinetics MCQ (Factors Influencing Rate of a Reaction) for NEET, AIIMS, JEE covers the collection of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) for chemical kinetics and factors influencing rate of reaction. It gives the relevance to the problems in the exam pattern.
Chemical Kinetics MCQ (Factors Influencing Rate of a Reaction)
1. What happens to the rate of the reaction on increasing its temperature?
a) Rate of reaction increases
b) Rate of reaction decreases
c) Rate of reaction fluctuates between its maxima and minima
d) Rate of reaction is independent of temperature
Answer: Rate of reaction increases
2. Which of the following laws state that the rate of a chemical reaction is directly proportional to the concentration of reactants?
a) Henry’s law
b) Law of conservation of mass
c) Law of mass action
d) Dalton’s law
Answer: Law of mass action
3. A catalyst only increases the rate of the reaction in the forward direction.
4. What happens to the value of ΔG of a reaction when a catalyst is added to it?
a) It increases
b) It decreases
c) It remains unchanged
d) It is undefined on adding a catalyst
Answer: It remains unchanged
5. What is the change in the rate of a second order reaction when the concentration of the reactant is increased by 2 times its initial value?
a) It doubles
b) No change
c) It quadruples
d) It triples
Answer: It quadruples
6. When the two reactants are in the same phase, then which common phase will ensure that the products are formed at the fastest pace?
d) The rate of a reaction is independent of the phase of the reactants
7. Which of the following is a factor that automobile engines use to increase the rate of its internal reactions?
a) Concentration of fuel
b) Viscosity of the fuel
c) Surface area of the reactants
d) Nature of the fuel
Answer: Surface area of the reactants
8. Rate of a reaction depends on the ΔH of the reaction.
9. Which of the following is not a direct factor affecting the rate of a reaction?
b) Presence of catalyst
c) Order of reaction
10. Which of the following will lead to an increase in the rate of the reaction?
a) Decrease in temperature
b) Decreasing concentration of reactants
c) Addition of catalyst
d) Addition of inhibitor
Answer: Addition of catalyst