Solid State Chemistry Multiple Choice Questions with Answers PDF (Packing Efficiency) for AIIMS, NEET, JEE provides a comprehensive coverage of the fundamental concepts in the fields of Solid State Chemistry. It contains a variety of questions from previous years’ AIIMS, NEET and JEE papers.
Solid State Chemistry Multiple Choice Questions with Answers PDF (Packing Efficiency)
1. If the body-centered unit cell is assumed to be a cube of edge length ‘a’ with spherical particles of radius ‘r’ then how is the diameter, d of particle and surface area, S of the cell related?
a) S = 32d4/3
b) S = 2d2
c) S = 4d2
d) S = 8d2
Answer: S = 8d2
2. Which of the following metals would have the highest packing efficiency?
3. “The packing efficiency can never be 100%”. Is this true or false?
4. What are the percentages of free space in a CCP and simple cubic lattice?
a) 52% and 74%
b) 48% and 26%
c) 26% and 48%
d) 74% and 52%
Answer: 26% and 48%
5. How many atoms surround the central atom present in a unit cell with the least free space available?
6. If metallic atoms of mass 197 and radius 166 pm are arranged in ABCABC fashion then what is the surface area of each unit cell?
a) 1.32 × 106 pm2
b) 1.32 × 10-18pm2
c) 2.20 × 105 pm2
d) 2.20 × 10-19 pm2
Answer: 1.32 × 106 pm2
7. If copper, density = 9.0 g/cm3 and atomic mass 63.5, bears face-centered unit cells then what is the ratio of surface area to volume of each copper atom?
8. What does the ratio ‘space occupied/total space’ denote?
a) Packing factor
b) Packing efficiency
c) Particle fraction
d) Packing unit
Answer: Packing factor
9. What is the dimensional formula of packing fraction?
10. Arrange the types of arrangement in terms of decreasing packing efficiency.
a) BCC < Simple cubic < CCP
b) HCP < CCP < BCC
c) HCP < BCC < Simple cubic
d) CCP < BCC < HCP
Answer: HCP < BCC < Simple cubic
Solid State Chemistry Multiple Choice Questions with Answers PDF Download
Categories: Solid State