Solid State MCQ Questions For Class 12 (Imperfections in Solids) for AIIMS, NEET, JEE provides a comprehensive coverage of the fundamental concepts in the fields of Solid State Chemistry. It contains a variety of questions from previous years’ AIIMS, NEET and JEE papers.
Solid State MCQ Questions For Class 12 (Imperfections in Solids)
1. In which type of point defect are the cations and anions absent in stoichiometric proportions?
a) Schottky defect
b) Frenkel defect
c) Impurity defect
d) The given situation does not occur for any point defect.
Answer: Schottky defect
2. Schottky defects are observed in solids with cations and anions of similar sizes. Which of the following compounds, therefore, is NOT likely to have a Schottky defect?
3. Impurity defect is a type of point defect. It can occur __________
a) in one way, as substitution impurity defect
b) in one way, as interstitial impurity defect
c) in two ways, as substitution impurity defect or as interstitial impurity defect
d) in two ways, as vacant impurity defect or as interstitial impurity defect
Answer: in two ways, as substitution impurity defect or as interstitial impurity defect
4. Stainless steel is a/an ________ alloy.
5. What kind of order is present in a solid for it to be a perfectly crystalline solid?
a) Long range order
b) Short range order
c) No order
d) Both, short range and long range order
Answer: Both, short range and long range order
6. State whether true or false: The number of defects in a crystal can be minimized by carrying out the process of crystallization at a slow rate.
7. In a crystal, if a fault exists in the arrangement at a point, it is called as _________
a) space defect
b) single defect
c) point defect
d) primary defect
Answer: point defect