Solid State NEET Questions (Solid State Characteristics) for AIIMS, NEET, JEE provides a comprehensive coverage of the fundamental concepts in the fields of Solid State Chemistry. It contains a variety of questions from previous years’ AIIMS, NEET and JEE papers.
Solid State NEET Questions (Solid State Characteristics)
1. Which of the following is an amorphous solid?
b) Quartz glass
d) Salt (NaCl)
Answer: Quartz glass
2. Amorphous solids are actually super cooled liquids.
3. Which type of solid structure melts at a definite, sharp melting point?
a) All types of solids
b) No type of solid
c) Amorphous solids
d) Crystalline solids
Answer: Crystalline solids
4. Which of the following describes a general solid?
5. _________ is the basic repeated structural unit of a crystalline solid.
c) Unit cell
Answer: Unit cell
6. Which of the following statements is true for an amorphous solid?
a) Long range order is present
b) Short range order is present
c) There is no orderly arrangement
d) Complete order is present at lower temperatures
Answer: Short range order is present
7. Sulfur exists in two polymorphic forms ____________ and ______________
a) rhombic and monoclinic
b) rhombic and triclinic
c) hexagonal and triclinic
d) hexagonal and monoclinic
Answer: rhombic and monoclinic
8. Solid state is denser than the liquid and gaseous states of the same substance. Which of the following is an exception to this rule?
b) Carbon dioxide (dry ice)
9. Which of the following can be used to describe a crystalline solid?
a) Heterogeneous, anisotropic
b) Homogeneous, anisotropic
c) Heterogeneous, isotropic
d) Homogeneous, isotropic
Answer: Homogeneous, anisotropic
10. When a single substance can crystallize in two or more forms under different conditions provided, it is called as _________