Solid State Questions for NEET (Solid State Electrical Properties) for AIIMS, NEET, JEE provides a comprehensive coverage of the fundamental concepts in the fields of Solid State Chemistry. It contains a variety of questions from previous years’ AIIMS, NEET and JEE papers.
Solid State Questions for NEET (Solid State Electrical Properties)
1. For a metallic crystal, which band do the delocalized electrons occupy?
a) Conduction band
b) Valence band
c) Both, conduction and valence bands
d) There are no delocalized electrons
Answer: Conduction band
2. A substance containing one band completely filled with electrons and other band completely empty, but with a possibility of the empty band becoming populated, behaves as a _________
d) metal and non-metal
3. Metals are good conductors of heat and electricity. This property is conferred by _______ bonds.
4. Which of the following properties holds true for a metalloid?
a) Poor conductors of heat and electricity
Answer: Poor conductors of heat and electricity
5. According to the band theory, increase in number of atoms participating in crystal formation leads to ________ in number of molecular orbitals containing electrons.
c) no change
d) either increase or decrease, depending upon the size of the atoms
Categories: Solid State